Rupp guys I need your help!!!!

First I like thank everyone for all the great help,what a great site this is!
Does anyone know if I have these adjusters on correct? Can't seem to find a good pic to go off. Second question, I tried to put the male seat snaps on the seat pan today and my rivet gun has the correct size fitting for the rivets but the head is to big to fit inside the snaps, is there a special gun for snaps? Thanks for any help. Bryce image.jpeg

capguncowboy

I can't remember what i did to my seat snaps. I think I had to drill the holes in the pan out a little, then used rivets to attach the male snaps to the pan. The standard sized snaps didn't work right otherwise. They kept pulling out.

I'll see if i can dig up some pictures of my chain adjusters. I can't remember how they went either

You're adjusting the cam the wrong direction. The lowest point is 90 degrees from where you're at so go back to the low point and go the other direction until it's at the desired tightness. The should be evenly adjusted.

Thanks guys great info. There's a upholstery place in town I'm going to try or a place called sailrite has a special rivet fitting that goes in a standard rivet gun for snaps

image.jpeg As for installing the snaps. I had the same problem and I used a little spacer that fit in the snap and the gun contacted the spacer.

Last edited:

capguncowboy

I remember what i did on my snaps now. I ground down the center pin on the back half. Then i put a rivet through the center from the outside. They were a little loose afterwards, but they weren't going anywhere.

Last edited: