Rupp question

I picked up a mid '60s Rupp Cub that doesn't have a kick stand and doesn't look like it ever had one. Did these minibikes come without a kickstand? Also, what is the difference between a Cub and a Rascal? Thanks for the help.

Mike

markus

The kickstands were bolt on using I think one of of the engine bolts, at least that's the best way I found to mount mine.

The early cub/econocycles had just one set of slots in the motor plates, a single mount for the short seat, and the earliest turbines used a small bolt pattern for the sprocket.

The later rascals and choppers had a longer seat so there were 2 mounts, there is a tab on the back framerail to mount the long chainguard, and the motor plates had multiple slots. They also improved the wheels around 68 using the wide bolt pattern for the sprocket (they run true) which they used up till the end.

Mine is setup as more of an early econocycle, It was probably actually a kit frame though as there is no serial numbers, it still is the early version frame though.

they all used the odd metal side tanks like Rupp used in the Monza karts.

Thanks for the info. Mine must be a Rascal since it has multiple slots for the engine and also the chain guard mounting tab. You mentioned your bike didn't have a serial number. Where were these numbers located? Also, is the original kickstand available anywhere (reproduction)?

markus

If anybody has a repro it would be Brant at Rupp parts I know he used to have some listed for the later TT's etc.. the bracket is usually a separate part and I would say either Brant or Jim at blackwidowmotorsports probably has that (he also has parts diagrams listed to get numbers etc. from).

You could buy the U bracket and then probably make one from a bicycle kickstand as the bicycles that did use the cecor stands usually had that hump in the hinge so it would sit firmly between the rails of the bike frame.

the serial number info I got was from member Bill1 which was the man that orchestrated the rebuild of my bike (I just put on my "gold chain" and bought it from him when he decided to move out of Florida right before he did the final assy of the bike) Someone along the way had mentioned that info to him. If they did number them I think it would have been on one of the motor plates somewhere as thats the only spot with enough room.

good luck, they are cool bikes closest thing to the original dart cycles :thumbsup: