Rupp Questions

Does anyone have any other paint codes for the green on a 71 Rupp Scrambler? None of the codes from Black Widow work. Also, should the engine be gloss black or semi-gloss?

Does anyone have any other paint codes for the green on a 71 Rupp Scrambler? None of the codes from Black Widow work. Also, should the engine be gloss black or semi-gloss?
I just picked up a can of the dupli color green with metal specks. I'm redoing my gas tank this week. I can let you know how that matches up.

Rupp 72

The paint code from black widow does work but you need to find a paint shop that carries Spiese Hecker paint. It is DuPont's high end line of automotive paint. Very nice stuff. Call around to a few other paint shops maybe?

This is for my students Build-Off Bike so we just went with a green that looked close. I want them to finish before the deadline and the school year ends. I didn't realize that we would have this much trouble finding a code or I would have chased it down sooner.

1stBxMopar

I have an original survivor 71' roadster2 that is this color. I just finished cleaning the bike up, although I did not want to restore this bike it did need the tank touched up and sprayed from the seam up over the top, as well as the rear fender. I was worried that the paint would not match due to years of fade. So as I suspected when the correct paint was mixed exactly to formula, (as per blackwidow site), it was way too dark and did not match, so I used part of this mix as a base coat, then lightened it slightly till it matched the original faded paint and used this as a top coat. Then after experimenting with a series of clear gloss and semi gloss mixes shot at different pressures got the desired finish that did not out shine the original paint. All said and done it's not perfect but I think it's close enough. The point is, even if your doing a whole bike, depending on who mixed it, and exactly to formula it may not be exact and you might have to tweek it a little. I hope this made some kind of sense and was a help..
Good luck...

Attachments

Last edited: