Rupp Rascal restore

So here are some pics of the bike when i got it a couple weeks ago. Took it apart last weekend. Tonight i blasted and powder coated the frame super grape 2 and the wheel rings argent silver. The super grape is almost a perfect match to org rupp purple. ill add more pic's as i go along.
Barry

Attachments

Still have to clean up chain guard and repaint recoil. does anyone have a rascal sticker kit i can't find one. also by the old ad pics i don't think they came with foot grips but might put some on. Also muffler

Last edited:

capguncowboy

They have the decal kits at blackwidowmotorsports.net (i think)

EDIT: i just checked and they don't have them either. If you have a good shot of the original with some measurements, BikeBuddy might be able to make one for you.

Last edited:

markus

that color looks great :thumbsup: Yea they didnt come with peg covers. I ended up putting a sacrificial set on mine cause I didn't want to mar/sctrach up the powdercoat. I just cut a set of the Hunt wilde grips shorter and slipped them on. I also took a piece of clear fuel tubing and slipped it over the brake end and a rubber boot over the brake stop as well.

Ya that's what I will do for the foot pegs hunt wilde has a 3 1/2 inch set ill just cut a 1/2 off. the clear gas tube on the brake is a great idea.

that color looks great :thumbsup: Yea they didnt come with peg covers. I ended up putting a sacrificial set on mine cause I didn't want to mar/sctrach up the powdercoat. I just cut a set of the Hunt wilde grips shorter and slipped them on. I also took a piece of clear fuel tubing and slipped it over the brake end and a rubber boot over the brake stop as well.

I'm digin the sign in the background. Not sure if $350 is a deal or not but it's sure is funny.