Rupp wheel bearing spacer #17919

I'm piecing together a rear wheel assembly for a Rupp Scrambler/Hustler with a 10" slotted steel wheel.
There is a spacer, #17919, shown on Blackwidows site that goes inside the wheel between the bearings.
It is easy to make but I need to know the correct length for it.
I figured if someone had one laying around they could give me an accurate measurement of it. Then my lazy butt wouldn't have to try to figure it out on my own :)
It is just a piece of steel tube. I have some water pipe I can use. $10 plus shipping (probably another $5) for a piece of pipe is too much for me at this time. I'm back into poor no money mode for awhile. I'll have to make parts instead of buy everything...
Here is what it looks like.
Please measure one and let me know how long it is. Thanks
Danford1
#17919 BEARING SPACER, 10" REAR WHEEL, 71-72

The purpose of the spacer is so you can tighten the rear axle and not crush or exert undue pressure on the bearings. The inner part of the bearings contact the spacer and everything is clamped solid. The spacer can't wear down as nothing moves. The pipe has 1/2" diameter same as the rear axle bolt. It is thick walled, I don't see how the 1/2" axle bolt can compress it...
Perhaps I'm confused but why wouldn't you use water pipe?
Or are you thinking it was plastic pipe? I'm talking iron water pipe not plastic.

Danford1

Steve73

Tom is right. OldMiniBikes has the best selection and odd ball lengths too. My rear wheel had 2original spacers that was thin walled conduit tubing for electrical wires. I replaced them with OldMiniBikes spacers. I still use the original one that is inside my brake hub. Since nothing moves it’s ok to use like what danford1 said.. it’s all good!

I found out through an email that the length is 2 5/8" long. I can get a good square cut on my piece of pipe without much trouble . If I ordered it, OldMiniBikes wants $7.99 for shipping plus the $3.50 for the spacer and then I wouldn't get it until next week sometime. I can use what I have and have it tomorrow - for just my labor. I'm in the garage most everyday doing something so I can't add any cost for my labor.
Looks like I'll save $11.50 and 4 or 5 days waiting. Win-Win for this item.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the info.
Danford1

Divouneh

You must not be ,in od, bigger than the inner ball bearing ring. If so you will damage the sealing and fast the ball bearing [emoji9][emoji9][emoji9]

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes

You must not be ,in od, bigger than the inner ball bearing ring. If so you will damage the sealing and fast the ball bearing [emoji9][emoji9][emoji9]

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes

No problem. It won't be big enough. It has a 1/2 ID and maybe a 3/4 OD.
It'll be fine...
Danford1