Rupp_It_Up 71 Rupp Roadster - Vintage Class

71 Roadster Motor Complete

I finally finished the motor. It was full of grease and grime and took forever to clean and prep for paint & powder coat.

For my high end restorations I always powder coat the blower housing, pull starter & air filter cover for durability.

The motor was sprayed with SprayMax automotive urethane spray paint. It's great paint for motors because it's gas & oil resistant - it's pricy ($40/can) but you only need 1 can to spray the motor and it's way better than the engine paint you buy at the auto parts store.

Fortunately I had a good motor to start with so I only had to replace all of the gaskets along with points, condenser & coil. The carb is a Tecumseh NOS service carb.

The decals are from Blackwidow Motor Sports

Better Late than Never....

Well I finally finished the bike. I waited 5 months for the front fender to get chromed! I dropped it off with some other parts in early March at Barr Plating and just got it back last week. Luckily the guy that I built this bike for wasn't in a hurry.

I took several pictures in different locations around the house. All in all it came out pretty nice - not show quality but a really nice rider.