Ruttman Hot Rod

Here is my chrome Ruttman frame that I have not had a design for.. Now I have a design.. The 5hp Briggs has been a work in progress. It was a good tiller motor that was disassembled. Head work was done including eyebrows removed, porting, values lapped, and dual racing springs installed. The bore was fine and the original piston was used. An ARC billet rod was installed and a Raptor cam. The case cover is new so I could bolt up at TAV. My design is to have it a vintage race bike. Something that could have been built in the 60s... I located an original Comet TAV from a fellow member..

Last edited:
Cool...can't go wrong with a Ruttman build. Just make sure you have a functioning brake set up or an idea before you get too far into it. I did one 7-8 years ago...it will command your respect...if not you will be laying on your back like a turtle...lol
5O05T45X33m73p83l2bbo8d0a4ee5b419127b.jpg

Cool...can't go wrong with a Ruttman build. Just make sure you have a functioning brake set up or an idea before you get too far into it. I did one 7-8 years ago...it will command your respect...if not you will be laying on your back like a turtle...lol
View attachment 75952
Cheesy,

This bike will be a OMG ride... I'm going to use a hydraulic brake brake caliper like a Lil Indian set up... I want to stop.. Lol

Nice:thumbsup:...I didn't have brakes for a few months on mine...because I really didn't think that far ahead..lol. I ended up with the Manco drum and external brake band on opposite side of sprocket. It didn't work so good needles to say.:laugh:

Nice:thumbsup:...I didn't have brakes for a few months on mine...because I really didn't think that far ahead..lol. I ended up with the Manco drum and external brake band on opposite side of sprocket. It didn't work so good needles to say.:laugh:
That's awesome :thumbsup::laugh: