San Diego Rupp "barn" Find

Sure enough !

Cleaned off blue spray paint with some rubbing alcohol
also, looked for any "Kandy Apple Red" underneath, didn't see any. Looked kinda black (dark) under the blue. Either way, not much under the blue spray can job

CapGunCowboy, this may sound stupid, but…

what is the "first number", 0, 8, or 4 ?

(if its an 8, as in '68, it is so different than my 1968 gray one in the earlier example photo i posted.)

markus

Check the number on the engine, rivited on plate front area of fanshroud, thats what he means.

The 65-66 were a metallic blue IIRC

capguncowboy

The serial number of your engine indicates it was manufactured on the 264th day of 1965 (September 21st)

I was guesstimating on the serial of the frame. Rupp continued using that serial number system through 1969, at which point they were in the neighborhood of 90,000 bikes. I think they were somewhere in the 9000 range when they started production in 1966, but it's possible that yours was made in late '65

Home from work...grabbed a pic of the brochure.

Im not too familiar to the "What is it" thread, and how to pick a single (mark best answer) winner…
But,
Thanks to all you Guys !
It was kinda a group effort, but since i Gotta mark one answer,
I think Cheesy1 pretty much nailed it without the knowledge of the engine or frame numbers….
"Rupp Continental Special 2 1/2 Lauson 1967 ish"

Once i was enlightened and able to post those numbers,
It was further pinpointed by CapGunCowboy to likely be from 1966 (earliest possible, late 1965).
...perhaps the '67 catalogue references a photo of (this) relatively unchanged 1966 model, ready to answer 1967's call. (?)

Anyways, thank you !!
It's expert information like this, that adds to the MiNiBiKe'n enjoyment !
OldMiniBikes rules.

Max and I are gonna call it a 1966 Rupp Continental Special (2.5 Lauson)
and if no one has any objections,
I Now pronounce you "MAX and Rupp" !
...you can kiss now...

I will keep going !:laugh:

What would an "econo model" include (or more likely exclude)?

It looks just like Cheesy1's "special" picture and stats (except the "Kandy apple red" paint…)

capguncowboy

I will keep going !:laugh:

What would an "econo model" include (or more likely exclude)?

It looks just like Cheesy1's "special" picture and stats (except the "Kandy apple red" paint…)
It's not an econo. I got my wires crossed :). The Econo was a different style frame. Nevermind!

So I bought a continental wed night that has rear suspension and the serial number under the seat is 06788 so what year do you think it would be