Scat Cat ASC114 need help

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and also a first-time minibike owner. My uncle gave me this minibike and we believe that it is from 1972 (please correct if I am wrong about the year) it has the HS50 5hp Tecumseh. I am in need of some advice on a few items. The bike will start and run, but it needs some carburetor work. The carburetor does leak gas and needs new gaskets. Also, will not run when choke is off. My biggest concern is the missing guard for the torque converter. I cannot find anything to cover this and if you put your leg in the wrong spot it will chew your leg off. Can anyone suggest a good place to purchase replacement parts for this bike? The driver side foot peg is also damaged and needs replacing. I also only have one brake handle.

About the torque converter, would it be best that I replace the entire setup with a new 30 series converter that comes with a guard? Any advice is welcome as this is my first bike, and I am wanting to learn more about them and small engine repairs.

Thank you for any advice.

Attachments

Desert rat - That is a great video, thank you for posing it for me.

ruppking - I have been looking at the Comet cover guards, but I am having a hard time finding any dimensions listed. When I measure from the bracket to the outside of the front plate it is 4" from the top hook, 6 1/2" from the middle of the back bracket to the front. Overall distance needed to cover the entire system is 13".