Scwhinn chopper/ gx160 build

So I begged this dude for this adult sized Stingray for months. He finally sold it to me last year. So, last week I finally decided to start my build. Here's my progress over a week period.

The bikes rides good, but I have a clutch chatter problem that's causing a awkward vibration through the bike. I'm going to sand the shoes tomorrow and grease the bearing and see if that helps. Once the clutch is locked up the bike rides really well. It feels like it runs about 40+ mph. I will confirm on gps in a day or two. Next I plan to add a disc brake on to the jackshaft. I wish I could find a 5/8 hub to bolt on a brake rotor. Anybody have any ideas?

Nice job! I used an old DB30 motor and geared it low for my freind that uses it around his park. Works well.

Oh, and I made a plate and welded it onto the rear hub and bolted on a DB30 cailper/disc.

Nice job! I used an old DB30 motor and geared it low for my freind that uses it around his park. Works well.

Oh, and I made a plate and welded it onto the rear hub and bolted on a DB30 cailper/disc.

good deal....I have a spare db30 rotor.:thumbsup: Btw, that bike looks awesome!

bandit 40

Keep an eye out for loose spokes a friend just did this to his and unless you have larger spoke rims like Rocco it wont take much to bend the rim.:thumbsup:

Keep an eye out for loose spokes a friend just did this to his and unless you have larger spoke rims like Rocco it wont take much to bend the rim.:thumbsup:
Yep...I just went through that. I bought another wheel yesterday and I ziptied all the spokes where they cross each other. This is what we do on our trail dirt bikes. It's a lot stronger now.

Ok...made good progress today. Swapped out the clutch and that completely smoothed out the chatter/shaking/vibration.:thumbsup: I also got a Doodle Bug rear brake installed. Thanks to Stangrcr1 for pointing me in the right direction. I also gps'd the bike at 42.4mph today. Let's just say I'm very pleased.:thumbsup:

The factory rear sprocket threads on to the wheel. I removed it and used the threaded collar for my doodle rotor. With a light tap the rotor fit over the collar perfectly. Then I welded the rotor to the collar...and screwed the collar back on the wheel. It worked perfectly.