Sears mini bike

markus

I remember that one, it did clean up nice. I like how the current owner states: "Excellent, Original, Unrestored condition. These bikes are rare, and impossible to find. Only thing added over the years was the kick start, and kill switch, otherwise...100 per cent original, even the tires.":laugh:
Yea I think it was sold with that basic same wording the last time I saw it listed, At least its holding its value-it ended last night @ $1300 which is what I sold it local for back in 2011. Funny thing about that bike Is all I wanted more than anything for it was that sissy bar (which is not correct for the model) I bought an entire TC model bike just to get it and was super happy at the time, but now when I look at it, I don't like it on there :laugh:

Nadrehctub, if rest of that bike is as clean as that close up shot shows of the engine tag, get some nice pics up if you can for reference, that looks like one squeaky clean survivor!!!!! Also either contact Frank at oldschoolminibike, or watch/contact seller Deweym13 on ebay, (that actually Virgina, Franks wifes ebay account) They have been listing a couple white NOS tanks on ebay. Mainly center fill but I picked up an NOS sidefill one from them last month, with them it might not hurt to ask if they have any left.

zeeman

Hey Nad,
Nice Sears you have there. I'm working on a slightly different Sears Roper, but progress is slow. Where did you find the Craftsman to Tecumseh cross over info.? I have found one or two sites with the information, but I need to be sure before I start ordering engine parts. Thanks.

Hey Nad,
Nice Sears you have there. I'm working on a slightly different Sears Roper, but progress is slow. Where did you find the Craftsman to Tecumseh cross over info.? I have found one or two sites with the information, but I need to be sure before I start ordering engine parts. Thanks.
I found my number listed on this link
3 to 11 HP 4-Cycle L-Head Engine Technician's Handbook [3 to 11 HP 4-Cycle L-Head Engine] - $29.95 : DOWNLOAND.snowblowerguide.com, The guide for snowblower

Yea I think it was sold with that basic same wording the last time I saw it listed, At least its holding its value-it ended last night @ $1300 which is what I sold it local for back in 2011. Funny thing about that bike Is all I wanted more than anything for it was that sissy bar (which is not correct for the model) I bought an entire TC model bike just to get it and was super happy at the time, but now when I look at it, I don't like it on there :laugh:

Nadrehctub, if rest of that bike is as clean as that close up shot shows of the engine tag, get some nice pics up if you can for reference, that looks like one squeaky clean survivor!!!!! Also either contact Frank at oldschoolminibike, or watch/contact seller Deweym13 on ebay, (that actually Virgina, Franks wifes ebay account) They have been listing a couple white NOS tanks on ebay. Mainly center fill but I picked up an NOS sidefill one from them last month, with them it might not hurt to ask if they have any left.
Thanks to all for enjoying the bike. I will take pics and post them after cleaning.

View attachment 78495 Hi All ! I need help identifying the year and model name. After lots of searching, I can find pics but no year or model name. Found this on craigslist. It is in very good condition and appears to be all original. Model number on frame is 131.80708. Thanks
Since this is an old post, I was wondering if you still have the Sears mini bike. I have the exact model. It’s been in the family since purchased in the early 70’s. I think my Uncle purchased it new in ’72. Mine still runs but doesn’t look as nice as yours. It has been slightly modified. Someday I’d like to restore it to the original colors. A few more photos would be nice if you still have it. Thanks.