seat

kbs8ball

Ive had this thing on ebay a few times...no takers...so here ya go. its 12 x 7.5 x 5.5 with 2 mount holes 7.5" on center. 1 " pleats. 35 bucks shipped.

Yep, that's a good deal for sure. Unless you've made a seat, it's hard to appreciate what goes into it.

I can't tell you how many times people have asked me to repair a car or truck seat and expected it would be like a 20 dollar bill. I have one story where the guy had a full size truck bench and he just needed the edge where he slid in and out repaired because of the tears. He asked me if I could use the back of the seat since the material was the same but only a piece of it. I explained the amount of time it would take me to remove the bench cover as well as the back rest so I could get the piece and replace that spot and he just couldn't understand even then. Upholstery is just one of those time intense things that there is a lot of detail work.

Nice seat though and I'm sure the purchaser will enjoy it.

kbs8ball

AJax is right...its a process...cut wood on the table saw...sand down the edges...drill the holes...pound in the T nuts...cut the foam...glue the foam...cut vinyl...cut batting...cut fabric...glue together...draw lines...stitch the pleats...make the piping..sew the piping on...sew the side on...cover foam with batting...installl cover....staple down....yeah Ive done it way too many times. it is time consuming but i can get them done quick if i have too.

KB2ROCKET

Im at the point where I need a appolstry aka seat pad for my kart . Ive never sewed anything before but I cant learn unless I try

TomH

I got a headache right there. I don't think I had anything it would have fit. I drooled over it though. 45T got him a good one

45t

I got a headache right there. I don't think I had anything it would have fit. I drooled over it though. 45T got him a good one
If this seat is anything like the other one Kenny made me, I'm going to be very happy with it, and my son too. The seat is for his 250X. :thumbsup: