Sensation "mike-bike"

delray

finish up on glass beading the rims inside and out. they clean up real nice,but i did not want keep them unprotected and the glass bead kind of makes them look too clean and has a bright aluminum finish. want them to look more factory cast look. so i found a satin clear paint that work perfect for the rims.

before........................................................................................after

delray

not much progress done today. just got the rims clean up and finish. assemble the front together with new bolts nuts/bearings and just waiting for the sprocket and some other stuff to get finish zinc plating and then i can assemble the rear tire.

Hopefully next week I will get a call and the plating will be done for you,hows the frame and forks coming along?have you heard anything on the decals and clutch cover size yet?

delray

couple more primer builds and i should get it looking smooth. i pm dick debuse (OldMiniBikes) 04-06-14 on dem's for a clutch cover so i could make one and said he could send them and also come up with a decal. but i still have not heard anything from him.......:shrug:

here is a picture of what it looks like.

delray

work on taking apart the engine today and could not believe how good of condition the inside was for a 1969 3hp engine.

still had some real nice cross hatch......

piston still look real good too.

the only thing that needed some attention was the end of the crank....:eek:ut: it had little brown staining.

clean up real easy on the lathe...........

test fit crankshaft to makesure the clutch fit on ok.......:thumbsup:

not real sure what brand clutch it was. look like it would work good for my project and had that vintage look. also had two set screws. one for the keyway and the other for the crank..:thumbsup:

little bit of lacquer thinner and the paint was falling off the tank.

had the block and side cover clean out and hot tank.

delray

finish up with the motor and painting/decals.
use briggs ice white as a base color. decals and then a lite coat of urethane clear....:thumbsup:

also finish with the fenders and rear rack........:thumbsup:

Wow Delray...that is beautiful !

My MiniBike as a Kid was my Mike Bike that my Grandfather gave me !!! I could only remember mine was white w/ pull out choke, and click-it kill switch....

But after seeing your finished motor, I just had a flashback :blink: !!

You nailed it....to the T....decals and all.

Thank you for taking me back down memory lane !

Robert C

delray

RobertC
I could only remember mine was white w/ pull out choke, and click-it kill switch..
sounds like you may of had the stock motor on it still. i guess the kill button was not invented yet........:laugh: going with the same set up too. just like the brochure shows.....

delray

finish up on painting the frame and forks. now just waiting for some parts that my cousin will be picking up today from being zinc plated and my seat....:clap:
unfortunately i have not heard from dick debuse a OldMiniBikes member here that i was going to get the dem's for the clutch cover and the sticker so i can remake both of them for my bike.....:shrug:
probably won't be bring this bike to windber because of this. time is running out for me. it will take at least a week or two to have someone local to make me the mike-bike sticker that go's on the clutch cover. witch i don't even have the dem's to make one....:doah:

I just picked up the seat for you,i will drop it off next Friday. Maybe with some luck Dick will send the size of mike~bike decal and clutch cover size, or someone else might have it on here never know.I spent a year hunting parts down for the VT7.someone has them just finding that other person that has them too

probably won't be bring this bike to windber because of this. time is running out for me. it will take at least a week or two to have someone local to make me the mike-bike sticker that go's on the clutch cover.
But Brian, you have to bring the Mike Bike to Windber, how else am I going to buy it from you and bring it home :shrug: ?............... :smile:

Robert C