Sensation

I started out looking for a Sensation Chopper like I had when I was a kid in the early 70's. I have moved on to complete my Sensation mini collection with a Mike Bike. I plan on keeping the chopper for my son and the Mike Bike for my daughter... I hope they love mini's as much as I do... Its been great finding a community of people who feel as I do about the mini.... Friends of mine often ask what are you thinking.... I just say its a mini thing and you wouldn't understand....:scooter:

When I got my new Cat in 69,my friend up the road got a Sensation Mike Bike.He was a long legged galoot,so that long frame Mike Bike was good for him.His was plain-jane though,no fenders,just a 3-1/2 Briggs,a frame,and two wheels.The local Agway store sold them,the farmers could buy them for their kids,and when they paid the feed and fuel bill every week they would take a little extra towards the bike.That Mike bike was a flat $150.and my Cat was $99.But,mine had the 2-1/2 Tecumseh and had to be paid for up front.He just found out I restored mine,and said if he still had his he would do the same.(he's very good at this stuff too)He sold it to one of the kids at the farm next to his 35 years ago. I went through their iron pile,the bike is still in there.All's I really need to restore it is the frame anyway,all the rest can be had easily enough.They're digging it out for me when the frost melts,and I'll blast and paint the frame before I show it to the original owner.Four farms in town had these Mike Bikes and they all had the same problem.The downtubes all broke about 8 inches down from where the neck is welded on.They were all fixed by the same farmer,the one with the welder,he just slid some tubing over the frame tubes and welded it in place.All four of these boys were big,and rode hard through rough fields,and all four of the bikes broke in the same spot.It was common for them to put a 100 LB bag of feed on their knees and run it up to one of their barns.It beat the heck out of doing it with a wheelbarrow.