Sherpa

markus

Those are really neat, there have been some over the years that have popped up on this sire labeled/decaled as being called Hill Billy as well. I love the design of it!

Ralph Bonham had designed the Tote Gote. Bert Bonham (Ralph's uncle) and his son Stan designed a 2 speed scooter they called the 'Power Pony'. By the time production started at 'Mickelson Mfg', the name had been changed to the 'Hillbilly'. I believe your Sherpa was from the Hillbilly era.
Later production was moved to the Circle Corp and the scooters name was changed to Sherpa. Many other changes occured as the sherpa evolved.

shepa hillbilly 001.JPG

You pictures adds to the history of the Sherpa. Your serial number was stamped into the frame and the scooter is clearly labeled a 'Sherpa'. This shows us the name was changed before they were made at the Circle Corp plant, which had their own serial number tag.
dzylstra sherpa (16).jpg

What I meant to say was that the number 6 and 5 at the end of serial number are clearly a larger stamp... I’m wondering if that indicates the year?

The plan is to clean it up real good.. reassemble... then try and find a couple things that are missing .. such as air cleaner, seems like a spring of somesort to throttle on carb,...not knowing much info... hard to say what’s not right