Should I buy it?

1961 simplex challenger mk10. A big thank you to Mr. Thorin for identifying it for me. Dual west bend 580 power bees. What a beautiful kart!
image.jpeg

Attachments

image.jpeg image.jpeg
I couldn't be happier. I can't wait to start it up. I better read up on the motors before I do though. I'd hate to break them after they made it this long. Can someone explain the lack of a clutch?

Harquebus

If the ad is indeed still up, do a screen shot and post it here for posterity...before it goes POOF. I try to do that for everything I've bought off CL just for record keeping.

I love CL and the general populace who place ads for things in which they don't what they have, don't know its value or they just deliberately underprice it and/or just want it gone.

I wouldn't do a thing to that kart, to possibly include riding it. It might be too fragile and spare parts (my guess), forget it!

Last edited:
I plan on riding it. Not hard but riding it occasionally. I'm of the opinion that a little exercise once in a while is good for all the moving parts. I'll take care not to break it! I fired up one of the engines today. It sounds great. The left engine needs a pull cord, but since it's a direct drive cart it's no big deal. I'll just push start it as it was designed. I'm going to order some clutches soon so I can stop and go. I've already got a list of small repairs to do and want to go through it completely before I ride it. Though from the appearance and over all great care that was shown to this I have no doubt it's good to go. I really don't want to change its appearance with a full resto yet. I like its as is.

John , I wouldn't do a restore on this kart...Its a original survivor...correct ? I would just clean it and ride it and enjoy it....Its only original once. Good Luck with it !

That's exactly what I intend to do. I like it the way it is. I do want to fix a few mechanical things. Know a good place for west bend parts?

Dude. That is super cool. Agree on just making it functional, clean up and ride. That's got character that a shiny new paint job will never have. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk