Should I drive 3 1/2 (round trip) to buy this?

Triley41395

Well I knew in the future I was going to need a couple seat covers so I bought 2 from the seller you linked and guess what,
Both have snaps. Thing is unlike you I needed them without snaps. Guess I'll just have to buy a couple more Rupps.... 20230512_161924.jpg

cfh

looks good. but since you don't have lights, i would have put an Enduro tank sticker on, instead of Roadster. and i would have painted the frame that very nice blue color too. that would give a 1971 vibe, which is the best year for 12" rupp bikes. the exhaust is pretty cool, so is the slide carb. Technically the blower housing is wrong though, not the rounded style, and the position of the pull start is incorrect. but that's kind of a minor point...

f4radar

looks good. but since you don't have lights, i would have put an Enduro tank sticker on, instead of Roadster. and i would have painted the frame that very nice blue color too. that would give a 1971 vibe, which is the best year for 12" rupp bikes. the exhaust is pretty cool, so is the slide carb. Technically the blower housing is wrong though, not the rounded style, and the position of the pull start is incorrect. but that's kind of a minor point...
All good points. I gave up on a correct restoration and just tried to make it presentable. I only know what my options were because of your online articles/information. Thanks for that.

GustoGuy

Yeah I’m looking for a project to kill some time and use one of these hs50s I’ve got.
I’ve also got the correct driver and cover laying around here someplace. So I really just need a tank and fender.
It’s not like I need another finished bike it’s more something too do and use up some parts.

I need to use the restroom or get off the fence.

I like the steel Comet clone TAV 20 series over the stock aluminum Rupp one. Much better quality. I even used the stock reproduction clutch cover and used my heat gun to widen where it covers the secondary clutch.

f4radar

I like the steel Comet clone TAV 20 series over the stock aluminum Rupp one. Much better quality. I even used the stock reproduction clutch cover and used my heat gun to widen where it covers the secondary clutch.
I replaced the stock stuff with the 20 series clone driver, 6” clone driven and a 578 belt (thanks Skip). It works great IMG_5432.jpeg