Show Your scrapyard finds

More to come.:thumbsup: tho.... it seems the TRK has slowed down..... :scooter: :poke:
eh, just haven't been posting pics.. Here's some stuff I got the other day.. 2 HUGE saws.. The David Bradley has a Power Products engine in it.. You can swivel the head around and run the bar up or down at an angle.. :laugh:

Old Briggs 6s, couple sets of disk break calipers..

1955-57-ish Clinton VS200 1.6HP with spark and compression. Seems pretty complete. The 6" rim matches the 4 that were on a 1960 or so Ruttman kart I got from the same place. I'm gonna find out who is dropping this stuff :)

Last week's find. Compression and spark. Carb bottom adjuster buggered and it had a broken exh stud. I drilled it out. I'll sell/trade it or use it for the kids.

eh, just haven't been posting pics.. Here's some stuff I got the other day.. 2 HUGE saws.. The David Bradley has a Power Products engine in it.. You can swivel the head around and run the bar up or down at an angle.. :laugh:

Old Briggs 6s, couple sets of disk break calipers..

Nice old saws :thumbsup:

Gold Tecumseh H50

Dug this thing out of a dumpster one handed with my tore up finger.. :doah: All i saw was the motor mount, totatlly uside down in the box, dig it out to find this...

DAMN the damage.. :angry: At LEAST the damage was mostly contained to the beautiful small tank.. the cover got beat up, but the 67 H50 tag survived, and the flywheel survived.. 3/4 bore crank with the short correct dipstick...

Opened it up, it's an iron bore, decent condition still.. Valves and bore are all great..

how many of you guys do your clothes shopping at the junk yard? iv found 3 or 4 good jackets and hats. even walked away in a pair of new shoes once :laugh: they were way better than the ones i was wearing. and ofcorse always find sun glasses and regular glasses. gloves if theyre in good shape. mechanixwear gloves aint cheap. always look for key chains too. i have a pretty good collection going. Always find tools. last time i went i found about 25 sockets and 4 pairs of pliers. I always find bent but still good sawzall blades. I think the yardman just chucks them constantly. its worth the trip for the random junk alone

Last edited:
I like going out with zero tools. Find the best stuff then.
so your the guy that always bothers me for a screwdriver :cursing: :laugh: my box is so heavy i have a strap around the handle to throw around my neck. and since its always heavier when i leave i can barely carry it up the huge hill with all my parts. its a true test of strength. once in a while i wise up and grab a wheel barrow lol

so your the guy that always bothers me for a screwdriver :cursing: :laugh: my box is so heavy i have a strap around the handle to throw around my neck. and since its always heavier when i leave i can barely carry it up the huge hill with all my parts. its a true test of strength. once in a while i wise up and grab a wheel barrow lol
Wonder if theyll let us use a golf cat tractor or something to carry around

Naw... I got tools stashed out there. Or Ill just go to the truck. I am build a wheelie cart for out there. Getting to old/smart to keep dragging the bucket'o'tools around.