Simplex Sportsman

Picked this up tonight. Any idea of the year? Not sure of the engine year or what was originally on it. AMF sticker under paint.Handle bar is bent. Might be able to be straightened. I didn't look too close at it. Just got it home and took quick pics. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.

Aren't there a couple different models? The only other one I have seen was at Windber a few years ago. This was on Craigslist in Maine listed as a Bates mini bike. I assume he thought that because the footpegs say Bates on them.

I noticed the wheel...looks like one for a different model. Your fenders look home made...the originals use the same one as the Harrisons mostly...little known fact. Not sure of all the variations through the years. And the one RuppChopperPaul posted is a kinda deluxe version with belt drive and jackshaft. I have one of those like that in the pic below.

I noticed the wheel...looks like one for a different model. Your fenders look home made...the originals use the same one as the Harrisons mostly...little known fact. Not sure of all the variations through the years. And the one RuppChopperPaul posted is a kinda deluxe version with belt drive and jackshaft. I have one of those like that in the pic below.
I am seeing lots with these fenders also though.