Snow forecast.lol

buckeye

Had my sheep boots on. Knee high.:thumbsup:

It really was a bust here. Just cold and ice. Getting back down to 12 tonight. Man, I am not gonna complain when it's 90 again.:thumbsup:

delray

snow fall this year has not been that bad yet. but we do have some piles of snow this year from alot of blowing snow on some back roads out in the county side.

don't let your shitter freeze

Pipes freezing is always a problem in the winter.. leaving a drip on every line keeps it from freezing up.. usually freezing doesn't come into a bad problem area until ya get down around the 0's for a while.. They seam to handle 20's pretty well..

On the shitter line, mine always freezes up because it gets used, then sits un-runnning.. it'll work at midnight, go overnight with -1 air temp, and -25 wind chill, it freezes over night.. THEN ya gotta climb under the crawl space with a torch.. :glare:

SO!!!!

what ya wanna do, is tear the bottom off from a styrofoam cup.. Whatever the difference from the top of your float, and the tank lid.. Tie it on top of your float with a piece of string...

I slip the lid over to one side, so the edge lines up with the bottom of my cup, and kinda squished the cup un-even...

when the tank is full, and the water stops running, just rest the edge of your lid, somewhere in the angle on the bottom of your Styrofoam cup, so it pushes it open JUST enough for a trickle.. :thumbsup: If it's a raging river, slide the lid one way to slow it down..

Once your cup is sighted in.. you flush, float drops.. tanks fills, float crashes into the lid at the predetermined spot, leaving the valve open just a trickle...

You don't need a gallon a minute going through it.. Pretty well any running water will keep it from freezing..

My pipes froze the first time this year. Picked up some plugin pipe wrap stuff. I'm on well water so I rather have that sucking juice instead of the well pump. Tell ya what.... that scared me. Had water in the morning ... did some running around and came back. Solid. Doubled wrapped a 18 footer around that mofo. Into bed the crawl space entrance better and we are good.:thumbsup:

buckeye

I left mine running. Didn't have any problems.
But, the plummers are busy. There are a lot of houses up on stilts around the bays. Pipes froze solid. Unthawing and water shooting everywhere.