So what are you welding with? (Post your set up here)

Oldsalt

Only picture i could find. Its a lincoln 100 from about 2001 running straight c02 . Here I have it rigged to run a big spool i got from a cleanout. I had to replace a few diodes over the years but its still going strong. I always wanted to make a nicer kart for it but i just keep adding on the old one to make it easier to work with.

Attachments

Mostly Millers and Lincolns welding in Hollow metal Door Shops for 33 years. Been off since March due to the Covid but Hey I was gonna pull the plug in August 2021. Retirement works for me! Got this Lincoln free from a shop that closed . I made the cart out of a bed frame and file cabinet LOL! View attachment 271568 View attachment 271569 View attachment 271570 View attachment 271571
Always fascinated with other peoples tools, toys and creativity. Nicely done.

Doc1976

Lincoln 180, Lincoln weld pack 100 migs, thermal arc 186 tig, set of oxy torches, and a Forney 50 amp plasma for cutting.

And the harbor freight carts with drawers are pretty good, have 2 of them and one of the low priced ones as well.

capguncowboy

I picked up a Eastwood AC/DC Tig 200 earlier this year. I have never had much use for a welder, but recently bought a 64 C10 and I know I'll end up needing it to do body work.

I couldn't make a decent weld to save my life, so I figured it was because I was running it on 110. I ran 220 in the shop and it was a little better but still inconsistent. After trying a few different things, I found out the gas in the bottle was C02 AND the foot pedal was broken. I picked up a new pedal and swapped my bottle of gas. It works great now. Very consistent welds with much ease.

I taught myself a little by reading on some welding forums and watching some videos on Youtube. Then I started teaching my son (more like learning with him) so I can get him involved in the truck project

I used to have an eastwood tig 200 AC/DC machine. The weak link was definitely the crappy foot pedal. They do sell an upgraded foot pedal for that machine. The other weak link was no water cooler. Eventually the torch got burnt up over a couple years.
But a good machine for a hobbyist or a beginner.

capguncowboy

I used to have an eastwood tig 200 AC/DC machine. The weak link was definitely the crappy foot pedal. They do sell an upgraded foot pedal for that machine. The other weak link was no water cooler. Eventually the torch got burnt up over a couple years.
But a good machine for a hobbyist or a beginner.
I've already been eyeballing the upgraded foot pedal but I won't really need it unless I start working with aluminum. The thumb button is pretty easy to use. I know it's not going to be the best welder out there and eventually will need to be replaced but I couldn't turn down the deal I found on Facebook market. I figure if I can get started for a few hundred bucks, I can make sure welding is my thing before I spend thousands on something better

Here’s my welding, cutting and bending equipment. I also have a 4 foot Tennsmith sheet metal break I haven’t moved into the garage.

Attachments