So.... would your wife allow this?

myjunk

I am in the process of restoring a Rupp Go Joe. I finished painting it a little while ago, since it is cold up here in Michigan i needed a place to allow the paint to "cure". I had it in my heated shop for a few days after painting , but soon needed to do other things so it needed to be moved. Since I did not want to put it out in my cold shop I simply asked my wife iif it would be ok to bring it in our warm house for a few days. Man I have a good wife as she not only said yes, but helped me haul it in. Does anyone else have any similar stories?

Mine allows frames to come hang in the basement to dry. I can't say if she would allow something like what you got.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

My old man won't have anything to do with the motorcycle (calls it a suicide machine) or the minis (although he likes them better than the cycle). He will help out and lend a hand when I need some muscle or to move something heavy, as he's like 6'2" and 225# (I'm 5'6", 120#...lol) and he has brought me back a couple of engines at swap meets, and looks for any small engine or mini literature and thus helps support my gear-head addiction against his better judgement.

HOWEVER.....he loves to cook gourmet type foods so after a cold eve out in the shop working on stuff, I often find myself with an incredible hot meal from some fancy recipe he found on the internet, so there's that.... :thumbsup: kinda have reversed gender roles, in that regard I guess, but I'm not complaining...... :laugh:

vwfan79

I built most of last year's build off bike in the basement, did the painting and such in the garage then brought it in to dry. I caught some flak from the wife especially when it sat in the dinning room for 2 weeks after it was done. But she let's me do some work in the basement during the winter as long as I don't make the upstairs stink.

WLB

There's always some project or part of a project in the house. Two boxes of new wheels and tires have been in the dining room since around Thanksgiving. My wife put a sheet over them and sat Christmas decorations on them around Christmas.