Some simple mods I've done.

First I pulled the rear fender, and used the bolt holes to mount the milk crate with some aluminum scraps I had. I was hoping the dogs would like riding in it, but they don't. They'd rather ride up front with me.
So that led to my second easy mod, I rubber cemented a piece of carpet to the top of the tank so they'd have a better grip.
The one riding with me is Abby. She's a six months old Jack Russell.
She's turned out to be a good rider, except when a rabbit crosses our path, then she bails, and is off for the chase. IMG_3259.JPG

IMG_3260.JPG

IMG_3261.JPG

IMG_2990.JPG

Last edited:

A.J.

That's cool! I'd love to do that crate mod for my German Shephard pup, but I know she'd go flying out. Haha. Great ideas though.

Thats awesome Joe!! My Yorkie Poo loves riding in the go kart.......or chasing it!! :thumbsup:
I have another Jack, he's just a pup. Only about 12 weeks old. I gave him a try in the crate. He bailed before we even got rolling.
He pretty smart and spry. It won't be long before he's riding too.
I might need to build a side car.:biggrin:

Man, I don't even ride hard, but one of the welds on the fender mount broke the other day leaving my crate in a precarious position.
I fixed the weld, and decided to beef things up a bit. It almost looks stock, huh?

Looks nice......I like your anvil mount..I want to make a tire changing stand with a trailer rim ..i'd mount it to a heavy grinder stand i have bolted to floor

Last edited:
dont have to ride hard to break those things apart. no suspension leaves a lot of vibration and beating, chinese welds cant take it.
Maybe I should add a bunch of gussets? All of the welds on this bike are quite excessive. Not a thin bead anywhere.

Riding a mini bike through the desert, things dreams are made of.
Even when I'm riding in the desert, I dream about riding in the desert!
There's just so many things one can do out here that would land you in a cell in the big city.

Fabbed up a straight pipe, used the original heat shield with some modification. Still quite hot, so pookied on a piece of silicone hot pad with high temp RTV. It looks awful, but keeps the dogs from getting burned when they jump up.

A short video for the audio aspect.

[video=youtube;GXixKn1N4Kc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXixKn1N4Kc[/video]

Sounds good..awsum job.. ': ].....pipe looks to vibrate may think of support off engine..I prefer support off engine because engine moves independent of frame..at least my thought..if you move engine would have to adjust pipe tack too.unless is a clamp.....as far as the tubing break issue.. I remember something about where the tubes meet behind engine plate a potential weak area...guess because most minis without suspension frames go straight back to back wheel don't know where your problem was IMG_20160912_135025.jpg

Last edited:
yeah those two welds at the back of the plate can fail.
i have a whole thread posted about the dangers of the warrior frames,forks,headtubes,engine plates etc etc.

and btw,the welds you are looking at are done by a machine watched by a guy whos sweating his nads off and might be looking at every 9th frame as they go by....:laugh:
just think of a comparison of a tube of toothpaste and those welds,its pretty much squeezed/laid on the the same way.

I keep an eye on the welds since. They are pretty beefy, and cover a large area on most. Hopefully that helps, but doesn't really let you see the original bead.

I'm hoping mine was the ninth. :wink:

Last edited: