"Sorry But You Didnt Pay"

buckeye

Texfab, that was well said in a we are responsible for our actions society. Unfortuanately, we live in a society of I pay my taxes they owe me. Hell, you don't even have to pay taxes and still be owed.
This situation has been discussed morally, as well as legally. Morally is was wrong to let that home burn. Legally, the owner was ordered to pay a fee. He did not, so legally they had to make a immoral decision. Let it burn. Sad that our neighbors can't help their neighbors without worrying about the legal consequenses.

Its morals. Firemen are there to keep people safe, put out fires, and in the end to save lives. To sit there and watch someones belongings and home burn to a pile of ashes is a very COLD hearted thing to do. .
Possessions are replaceable.

But I agree, to sit and watch is kinda messed up.

However, I see it like I do insurance: if you don't pay and something happens, guess what? You're out. Period.

"Oh I didn't pay my car insurance this period, but I just totaled my car. Will you guys still replace it?"

Right..

After thinking about this awhile I feel this "news" story may be exaggerated.
There's no hard facts about response times, or any word from the Fire Department.
The News isn't the most reliable source when it comes to facts.

Giving the benefit of the doubt to the Fire Department that the structure was beyond saving when they arrived until I see more facts.