sparks coming from throttle arm?

Zooming993

Started up a B&S 3HP (80202) for the first time (for me) and I'm seeing sparks/arcing coming off the throttle arm and the governor arm, why would this be happening?

could be the ground wire from the coil dangling down there somewhere. Im not sure if they can produce spark but its a possibility
Yes that can happen...... If you have a newer style mower with the bail handle to stop the engine and disconnect the coil wire to kill the engine and touch the wire to a bolt it will spark. I do it all the time when I redo a engine. Until I get a new cable or install a switch of course ...... The question is. does it miss or want to die out when the spark is happening ???/

Zooming993

Yes that can happen...... If you have a newer style mower with the bail handle to stop the engine and disconnect the coil wire to kill the engine and touch the wire to a bolt it will spark. I do it all the time when I redo a engine. Until I get a new cable or install a switch of course ...... The question is. does it miss or want to die out when the spark is happening ???/
Thanks for all the replies.

Problem resolved, turned out to be the motor kill switch linkage was causing the problem. The motor did want to die when it sparked.