speedway widow maker

Why not keep it original like it rolled out of the factory? It's sometimes a lot harder, time consuming and more expensive to have a bike exactly as it was mad but I think it's worth it in the long run. Just my opinion.

I do have the OEM front end ,its in very good condition, however it dosnt have enough spring strength . it just cant handle heavy, hard ridding. how ever i have been debating on using it, i just have to come up with better springs. maybe a spring inside a spring. thanks for keeping aimed at original!

View attachment 75163
its coming along,
thanks for the sugestion of keeping it OEM, i took some rupp front springs and cut them to the same length as the speedway
fork spring, then put them inside of the speedway spring, fit perfect, now i have a tougher front end.
got OEM rear shocks. put the wheels on, looking pretty good!
View attachment 75165

Another tip. Post your updates in the same thread instead of starting a new thread each time you update. This way it will be easier to follow your build. I'm looking forward to seeing it complete.

thanks for the tip, im still learning how to do this.
i haven't got to the motor yet, it looks very clean no marks or scratches on the piston sides. has great compression, but i am
concerned with the lower seals. there is no oil on either side of the motor. good sign.

N-gin

My friend had one of those. Didn't know it was called that at the time. Sure was a quik bike.
Can't wait to see the outcome. Lookin good already.

View attachment 75338
its coming along, after a vigorous wrestling match with pull start recoil spring, it basically exploded in my face when i tried to tighten it, i got it wound up just right. engine is mounted, TC installed, got the chain today, maybe a test fire this weekend.