Spring Cleaning

I started some spring cleaning today :thumbsup: I had to move the Speedway and the Murray out so I took them for a blast around the yard :thumbsup: and I realized that I am too old, too fat and too tall for these short bars :doah: The ape hangers are goin back on the Speedway and I'm getting a set for the Murray :thumbsup:

Well spring cleaning is on hold :blink: right after I post this I took some trash out to the can and found a spring in Mama's flower bed :eek:ut: Turns out the water line into the house is leaking and its our problem (according to the water department) :doah: So for now they have us hooked into the neighbors water and neither of us are paying for water :thumbsup: but if our home owners insurance wont pay for it it could cost us THOUSANDS :shrug: You cant tell from the pics but it is bubbling up and as soon as they shut it off it dried right up :doah:

well that sucks randy.wish you lived closer I'd come help you do it.i've done hundreds over the years.have them insulate it when they do it.
the home owner is responsible from the cities shut off up to the house

Last edited:
nope, only responsible to the easement (property line) usually where the curbstop (shut off valve) is
they are responsible for the actual meter too

catfishman

that sucks, we have underground springs at my house that i moved in a year ago, had no idea at the time, right after we moved in the new carpet in the basement was wet. the sellers ended up paying for tile drain and a sump pump, and boy does it fill up. i need to get a battery back up sump pump, so i wont be so paranoid all the time. wish you luck randy.

Randy dig it up and check it out . That is not hard to fix . If it's galvanized they make couplings to fix the pipe . If it's copper splice a piece in and silver solder it . If you have questions just pm me .

Last edited:
Thanks for all he comments :thumbsup: I'm going to wait and see what the insurance company says before I start digging on my own :doah: The guy from the water co said according to their records it is suppose to be a cooper run to the house and should be leaking like that, no way of knowing what the builder and inspector did 50 years ago :shrug:

Water is fixed just waiting for a final inspection :eek:ut: So I got back to cleaning the shop today :doah: I got the bikes out and the snow blowers stowed away :thumbsup: I should have taken a before pic but :doah:

I still need to do this side :doah: But with the snow blowers and the generator moved its already much easier to move around :thumbsup:

I figured since the bikes were out and I could actually move in there I would work on the Speedway :thumbsup: I put the ape hangers back on and installed some fenders :thumbsup: I want to thank Markus for the front fender and Yoop for the forks and the rear fender I didn't wind up using :thumbsup:

Randy is that a nanza sitting on the bench ? If so send it to me , I promise to do right by it . Just a little bit of molesting to it , I swear that's all .