Spring Date For New England 100ft Minibike Drags?

So Trinik is right, we should start planning a Spring event now. I can call the dude from Wareham or try and get in touch with him somehow. I would gladly pay a small fee to race. Big parking lot works too.
Donny also knows someone at Thompson Speedway in Thompson CT which would work for me also. He is going to call me in a few minutes to discuss it.

Does anyone else have any leads on a suitable location? Race is 100ft but prob need another hundred shut down area.
A regular place where we could prep the track would be pretty sweet.

So Donny talked to the guy at Thompson, he wants to have a swap meet too to sell parts and bikes. I think it's a great idea and will attract more than just racers and we can all use more Minibike parts, right?
It will probably involve a small fee he didn't say how much but he's asking me how many people will come?
Does anyone want to commit to something in the Spring? I'm all in.

trinik7597

Hell yes .... Race and sell stuff that's right up my alley !!! It is well worth it to pay to have peace of mind ... You know my next question is can we race the 1/8th instead of 100' if it's at the track

Well this subject came up, and I know Donny was talking to Herb about it. Herb brought up a good point: how many people have been hurt racing the 100ft? Zero. All those years and nothing.
I would say if there's room we could race both. You can go 90mph on a minibike if you want but I love the 100ft races and my measly 38mph lmfao
That is awesome Tim that you want to be involved, hoping some of the WVRC guys would come out if there was a swap meet. And I totally agree about the fee, absolutely worth it. Not sure about passing tech, etc obviously helmets, chainguards prob and brakes.

trinik7597

If you don't crash in the first 100' chances are you won't ... but I am not trying to cause a ripple !!! Just thought if we had an opportunity to do the 1/8th it would be cool ... I am sure if we can set this up that there will be NY participation . Street smart , 1stbxmopar , Rayvel , dragbikemini , and a few more ....

I hope someone can put together a spring race ,I don't think you see any 1/8 mile drags because there are no spots long enough with shut down, even some of the car stuff is limited to 330 ft.i like the 100 ft because it takes minimal room speeds are reasonable and no ever got hurt. If we had a facility and safety tech and correct gear , I would be all in, but it is hard enough to find somewhere to run a 100 ft now

If you want to run 1:8 mile could go to oxford me. Seen Helger on his mini running there 3 years ago, but had to be all leathered up , which makes sense, road rash sucks

I totally agree with Herb about the 100ft, but I also don't want to stand in anyone's way who wants to race 1/8 mile.
I crashed pretty hard earlier this year and went through months of agony. Not in a rush to go through that again lol

trinik7597

Don't misunderstand !!!! I was simply asking a question ...lol.. I am fine with tbe 100' just putting it out there for discussion . Let's just have an event that is safe and doesn't get broken up

They do at Waterford, my Dad and I talked about going but it's on Friday nights and real hard for us to get there without taking the day off.
But I guess he heard they have lights and slips and everything. I would be willing to check it out as long as tech isn't too bad. Don't feel like buying leathers for a bike that doesn't even get to 40mph

PM Darthdaddy. He is friends with Andy who owns the Massacre property with his father and brother owning the other two houses on the road.

ugmold

There is a really nice stretch of road at "Gomas" location between the cranberry bogs over 1/4 with only one house at the end.

joshua. c.

There is a really nice stretch of road at "Gomas" location between the cranberry bogs over 1/4 with only one house at the end.
yea that stretch of road was part of the last mini bike massacre he had there, its where I did a lot of passing, its so long I could really open my bike up. I'd be happy just getting a chance to go play on his track once in a wile. its the best mini bike track iv ever seen but it dose have a few bad spots that have a tendency of braking bikes lol.

So I spoke to Darth Daddy, he talked to Goma and he is open to having a 100ft minibike drag race on his property. I am waiting to hear back to see if we can go there and check out the condition of the pavement there. The minibike massacre people want to have the race the same day as the minibike massacre swap meet which I think is a great idea.
Our bikes run better in the Spring and Fall when the weather is a little cooler but I'm willing to give it a shot.
There is an airstrip that we could use but that is dirt. There is the private RD which I kinda remember since I had to push my Manco down it after my crash lol. I'm hoping we can find a couple hundred feet that are decent.
We would pay a fee of course, not sure how much or anything yet but I'm totally willing to pay, I'm sure others are as well.

This could turn out real good, looking forward to it! The minibike massacre guys are great could be a lot of fun.