Springer Seat for a Coleman CT200U

Today im finishing my springer seat build for my coleman ct200u. Im adding it to reduce the impact, jolt and harshness of potholes, sticks and small obstacles

I used the pivot and springs from a 1980s era craftsman vtwin 18hp lawnmower. I cut a base plate for the seat out of sheet metal and drilled holes through it to mount it to the seat.
I cut the the rear 2 bolt seat mount off and moved it toward the rear of the frame. Im mounting the springs on the rear seat bracket and am currently fabricating the pivot for the front

Im not going for a high class, high dollar look, im going for something functional and somewhat nice to look at. If anyone has any ideas or photos of their springer seat post it below. I seen someone use a small shock absorber for a springer seat and it was really cool. I wonder how it would perform compared to a spring.

Thanks for reading and i will update this thread when i make more progress.

Attachments

mustangfrank

Today im finishing my springer seat build for my coleman ct200u. Im adding it to reduce the impact, jolt and harshness of potholes, sticks and small obstacles

I used the pivot and springs from a 1980s era craftsman vtwin 18hp lawnmower. I cut a base plate for the seat out of sheet metal and drilled holes through it to mount it to the seat.
I cut the the rear 2 bolt seat mount off and moved it toward the rear of the frame. Im mounting the springs on the rear seat bracket and am currently fabricating the pivot for the front

Im not going for a high class, high dollar look, im going for something functional and somewhat nice to look at. If anyone has any ideas or photos of their springer seat post it below. I seen someone use a small shock absorber for a springer seat and it was really cool. I wonder how it would perform compared to a spring.

Thanks for reading and i will update this thread when i make more progress.
Yep, anything will be an improvement, springs look good. If you want to keep your seat at stock height in the front and not see the pivot take a look at a picture of a Super Bronc front seat pivot, basically a door hinge.

IMG_2084.JPG.jpg

Old pic, pivot is flipped up/forward.