Steen motorcycle info?

wjustice

Thanks, I have seen that. I'm looking for the newer small motorcycles that they made. I believe they had leading link front ends and hodaka engines.

markus

I had one of them as well, I had found some info about them and I want to say it was in strickly hodaka's forums but I cant find any info now (seems like the forums are different or something) there is a full page steen add in Mini bike world summer edition 1971 showing them and introducing them as the new 1971 models(with ceriani's not earls) but does not have any info or designation for them.

although mine didn't look it was the nickle chrome frame making it a scrambler deluxe, it just sat down in Miami rotting for a loooong time. I did get it run though! I was going to use the engine for a 'nanza but a local guy wanted a shot are redoing it so I sold it to him.

try rickman metisse micro100. torque engineering expansion chambers where sold by steens. for a specific bike or kits.

Last edited:
Well I was a Steen's dealer in 1973 and we sold only a couple of them. But I do not remember ever seeing any with a down pipe. I got put into a race on our shop demo a 20 mile hare and hound with a small trials event at the finish line. I suffered a severe ankle sprain before the finish and pushed on and ended up getting a 3rd place trophy from CMC. That was one with the leading link front end.
Steve :scooter:

wjustice

Wow, I thought this thread died. What I am looking for is really info about some pipes I have. They came from an old Alsport dealership, i think. The construction looks just like the pipes in Jeff Clark and markus posts. They are short, maybe 31" from front edge to end. Pipe size is about the same. Built in muffling shell, not a stinger with added silencer. I have some pics somewhere, ill get them up when I find them.

Torque engineering, slipped over threads on exhaust port. Was held on by hose clamp. Didn't stay on very well. Welding in a short section of original pipe with threaded nut was a good fix

6doggie3

Saw one at a swap today guy was asking 500? Not in as good of condition as the one's pictured in this tread but looked like it was all there did I :censure:UPED 4 not picking it up?