Storey telling Time

Again back to the days of D&D Mini Cycle about 1972. I And Danny were in the shop and in drives a 1959 Ford sedan and we waited inside the show room and in comes a man in a wheel chair he was about 50 years old and he had NO legs at all and we asked him what he wanted and he looked around the show room and spotted a little trike that was from the stock that we got from buying the store. It had only 6 inch wheels and turf saver tires and a live axle drive and a 5 HP Briggs and a Horstman torque convertor and it had a leading link front end. He liked it but he couldn't pull start the 5 HP engine but he could a 3HP Briggs. So he wanted it and we made a special seat pad that had a rolled up lip that would help keep him in place and we fixed a lock bolt in the neck so that he could transfer from his wheel chair into the little trike. With the smaller engine there was room for a small plywood box that he could put his gardening tools in. We delivered that trike to his home and we heard that he would take it around the area to the local store and never had any issues. Special customers made it all worth while.
We were so bad about not taking pictures back when polaroid was all that we had.
Never saw that customer again but I just had to tell the story.

Steve :scooter:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
This one time " At Band Camp " :laugh:

Good Story Steve

A while back I helped a fellow that had no use of his legs " Born this way "
Convert a riding lawn mower to just hand controls " Like a Dozer " so he could clutch and change gears.
He used it around the garden he had, He would drag himself around, an weed / tend to the plants.

Last edited:
Life sometimes issues some people challenges that are just not fare but often builds strong character and people rise up to the challenge. It's good to see a need and work it out and the reward is all the good feelings you earned in doing so.
Steve