Strange Fox campus??

markus

Just got back from picking up a couple bikes, One of which is this fox campus. I was looking at pictures and the brochures but none of them (at least that I saw) have this particular style straight handlebar configuration. The forks are pretty beat, but the paint seems to match what is on the frame and appears to be original. These bikes are alot smaller than I thought they were, its a pretty neat little bike, It does have a the remnants of a briggs on it, shroud is gone though. Gotta go over it in the light of day but anyone have any insight on when It might have been made with the straight bars?

I also got a way cool CCS Charger too! And this one is even cooler up close and personal than pics online as well!:thumbsup: Its in pretty decent shape, seat has a couple of rash holes on the lower part but its very presentable and useable, some flaking paint. Deal also came with a a cleaned somewhat dissasembled mini bike correct Tec HS40 and some random tools including a snap-on/blue point clip remover, not really anything I can use on minibikes, but I can use them at work!

Last edited:

This was from a 2007 post.
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/1921-first-fox-campus-bike.html

"I have one of the red minibikes shown in your thumbnails. I believe
that they fit in somewhere between the 1962 and the 1963. Once I get some
pictures put together I will post them and compare the various features from
year to year. I'd like to get some input from other OldMiniBikes members and see
if I'm on the right track. Thanks......Ogy."

markus

Simple tom, Looks like the forks! Now all I have to do is try and take the high speed option out of mine:doah: Hope Ogy sees this and chimes in with some opinions/info.

I took another quick look at the bikes and found these

this is the id decal on the underside of I guess what would bee the battery tray under the fake tank on the fox:

and this is the id on the front left of the motor plate on the CCS:

Buc, I just keep an eye out, they show up every now and again.

Markus, In 1962 the Fox corporation bought the name "Go Kart" from the bankrupt Go Kart Manufacturing Company out in California. That year they produced the "Go Kart 1300 Cycle". They weren't called minibikes at that time. The color was indeed HiFi red and the handlebars were straight. The following year Fox renamed their bike the Fox Campus, modified the handlebars, and changed the color to HiFi blue. You've got one of the rarer Fox minibikes there Markus. It looks like it's been ridden hard and abused somewhat, but with some work it could be restored. Hope to see more of it in the projects section of OldMiniBikes. Good luck. Ogy

Attachments

markus

Ogy, thank you so much for the well versed history lesson:thumbsup: I'll get it cleaned up and a better idea of what needs to be done and start watching for parts for it!

Markus that's a great find:thumbsup:

I just picked up a early Fox Doodlebug that had the same high speed option, all I did was throw em in the vice and bent them back with a long pipe, was easier than I thought. Give it a shot, I'm sure you can handle it:thumbsup:

Last edited:

markus

Are the fork centers under the spring solid tube? Looks like a roll pin holds them in on the topside. Not quite sure on the bottom though:shrug: I see what looks like pins sticking out of each side right below a bushing maybe, just not sure how that works just yet

buckeye

Is that the ones that push in and turn? Theres a little spring and brass deal that holds them???Ogy did a tutorial once on Fox forks.

markus

Read Ogy's tutorial, ran out to the garage, few minutes later:

Nothin' to it:thumbsup:, Of course I problaby would have pulled an epic "FAIL" had I not had instructions:smile:

I washed the bike, that candy apple is purdy where its not faded: