Subaru Robin Ex13

Hello everyone! I'm new to Go-Karts and to this forum. I got my kart and it was missing the governor rod and springs. I got the rod, rod spring, and governor spring and got them installed, but it seems like I'm missing something else still. I can't find much in the way of diagrams or other info showing exactly how everything is supposed to go together. It seems like there should be something that attaches from the throttle lever to the governor lever or choke lever or something. I've got the governor rod and sp Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated! What I would love is to actually see some pictures showing how everything connects. The parts diagram doesn't do that very well.

20210916_215731_resize_2.jpg 20210916_215744_resize_19.jpg 20210916_215820_resize_16.jpg 20210916_215915_resize_80.jpg

From what I can see you have it right. Moving the throttle lever to the left will tighten that spring which moves the rod to the left and opens the throttle plate. When the required speed is reached the governor arm will overcome the springs tension and move to the right pulling the rod to the right and closing the throttle to maintain the required speed setting. The throttle lever must turn freely so the lever will always return to the idle position when the throttle pedal is released! I always put a kill switch near my hand controls to stop the engine just in case the throttle would stick.

From what I can see you have it right. Moving the throttle lever to the left will tighten that spring which moves the rod to the left and opens the throttle plate. When the required speed is reached the governor arm will overcome the springs tension and move to the right pulling the rod to the right and closing the throttle to maintain the required speed setting. The throttle lever must turn freely so the lever will always return to the idle position when the throttle pedal is released! I always put a kill switch near my hand controls to stop the engine just in case the throttle would stick.
Okay, thank you! It seems to be operating correctly, so I guess I was worried about nothing. I didn't have a chance to try it once I put the rod and springs on, and then went out of town. I tried it tonight and it worked fine.

Any thoughts, tips, or tricks on how to speed it up? It bogs down a bit while going up hill (even slight) and I would think it would go faster than what it does.

Lets go about this the safe and professional way, get a lawnmower tachometer from evilbay for about $12.00 and hook it up to the engine, one of these can be switched to any gas engine so they are multiuse!

At the throttle arm, move the spring to the outer hole so it will be closer to where you hold it when you change the speed setting. This will allow more tension on the governor arm for more rpm's and it will reduce that bogging down on hills.

Remove the drive chain. Now you can rev the engine to set the maximum rpm at no more than 3,600rpm. This is top speed for most stock engines.

Under the throttle cable there is a screw with a lock nut. Adjust this screw to set the maximum rpm at 3,600rpm as shown on your new tachometer. Be sure to read the tach instructions first so it will be calibrated properly! Turning the screw clockwise will reduce max engine speed and turning the screw counterclockwise will increase the max engine speed, when you have the right setting tighten the lock nut to secure the screw from moving. Now that this is set, holding the twist grip at full speed will only allow 3,600rpm's.

Put the drive chain back on and enjoy. That was easy and now you have it set properly!:scooter:;)

Lets go about this the safe and professional way, get a lawnmower tachometer from evilbay for about $12.00 and hook it up to the engine, one of these can be switched to any gas engine so they are multiuse!

At the throttle arm, move the spring to the outer hole so it will be closer to where you hold it when you change the speed setting. This will allow more tension on the governor arm for more rpm's and it will reduce that bogging down on hills.

Remove the drive chain. Now you can rev the engine to set the maximum rpm at no more than 3,600rpm. This is top speed for most stock engines.

Under the throttle cable there is a screw with a lock nut. Adjust this screw to set the maximum rpm at 3,600rpm as shown on your new tachometer. Be sure to read the tach instructions first so it will be calibrated properly! Turning the screw clockwise will reduce max engine speed and turning the screw counterclockwise will increase the max engine speed, when you have the right setting tighten the lock nut to secure the screw from moving. Now that this is set, holding the twist grip at full speed will only allow 3,600rpm's.

Put the drive chain back on and enjoy. That was easy and now you have it set properly!:scooter:;)
That's awesome info and very detailed, I greatly appreciate it! I will order a tach and give this a shot