Subaru Robin EX17 high air flow no idle fix

As mentioned in the title I removed the air restrictions by adding an after market exhaust and high flow air filter to my Subaru Robin EX17 and could not get the bike to idle after startup. I then resorted to troubleshooting by adjusting pilot jet air mixture on the Mikuni carb and saw increased RPM and seem to idle better after backing out the screw a quarter turn allowing more air to pass thru the threads of the screw. I took a risk and got a drill bit a lil bigger than the jet hole and carefully drilled one of the holes bigger which I theorized would allow more air. Anyways, I screwed it back in the carb and started up and idled surprisingly well. I played with the fuel needle and throttle and got it to purr.
I thought this might help somebody who has modded their EX17 since aftermarket parts for this engine are few. Bolt-ons aren't always available and sometimes you gotta get your hands dirty...

Bobscooters

i have a Subaru Robin on my Bonanza and run it stock because the motors are expensive compared to a predator i actually dropped my bike bent the pull start cover no big deal but broke several teeth off the flywheel yeah a flywheel for them you need to take out a loan . anyways i was able to find a used one on ebay but i've yet to mess with the carb it runs great and moves my big butt along not super fast but i'm old and prone to not wanting to fall .

i have a Subaru Robin on my Bonanza and run it stock because the motors are expensive compared to a predator i actually dropped my bike bent the pull start cover no big deal but broke several teeth off the flywheel yeah a flywheel for them you need to take out a loan . anyways i was able to find a used one on ebay but i've yet to mess with the carb it runs great and moves my big butt along not super fast but i'm old and prone to not wanting to fall .
Yeah, they are great and have good power for what they are stock. After mods I didn't see any noticeable power increase but I achieved the aesthetic I desired. I'll be sure to keep'er upright so I don't have to take out that loan