Super Bronc Project

Lizardking

A paint primer or rust inhibitor like rust-oleum should keep the rust at bay till your ready.

If you handled it with your bare hands the rust will show up faster. Any moisture will start the rust.

Last edited:
Small update. Been a busy past couple weeks for me with a wedding and daughters promotion. I dropped off the frame and wheels off to get sandblasted because I didn’t want to take them to work with me. Frame I will be painting so they are just blasting it for me. Wheels they are powdercoating white for me. I sandblasted the axles and handlebars. Still have small things to blast like the brake assembly and small brackets. I am in a predicament with the forks. One of them was so corroded close to the main fork that I have nothing to grab. I have a piece of pipe to cut it and replace if I can’t remove. Any suggestions? Also some pics of new lowers and jack shaft I purchased from Rick Chatten. Lowers will be getting chromed with the fenders , handlebars and maybe the jackshaft bracket/assembly.

Attachments

Triley41395

Small update. Been a busy past couple weeks for me with a wedding and daughters promotion. I dropped off the frame and wheels off to get sandblasted because I didn’t want to take them to work with me. Frame I will be painting so they are just blasting it for me. Wheels they are powdercoating white for me. I sandblasted the axles and handlebars. Still have small things to blast like the brake assembly and small brackets. I am in a predicament with the forks. One of them was so corroded close to the main fork that I have nothing to grab. I have a piece of pipe to cut it and replace if I can’t remove. Any suggestions? Also some pics of new lowers and jack shaft I purchased from Rick Chatten. Lowers will be getting chromed with the fenders , handlebars and maybe the jackshaft bracket/assembly.
I'm not sure what the top part of the lower looks like. Is it like a Bonanza front shocks? They have the lower with a spring in the middle and a top piece that bolts through the top. 20230218_131026.jpg

I'm not sure what the top part of the lower looks like. Is it like a Bonanza front shocks? They have the lower with a spring in the middle and a top piece that bolts through the top. View attachment 302019
They are exactly like that. Have the new ones already and have both springs that were inside. Just have to figure out a way to either extract the one lower still in there or cut it and replace the pipe.

Triley41395

They are exactly like that. Have the new ones already and have both springs that were inside. Just have to figure out a way to either extract the one lower still in there or cut it and replace the pipe.
Yours looks pretty rough. You might be able to collapse the inside tube to remove.
The way I unstuck the bonanza was putting ball-bearings down through the top and driving them through. I made a punch that sits on the bearing . Cost me 30 bucks for the bearings but it worked and I kept the bearings and tool incase I get another one. 20230218_130902.jpg 20230218_130744.jpg 20230218_130807.jpg

Yours looks pretty rough. You might be able to collapse the inside tube to remove.
The way I unstuck the bonanza was putting ball-bearings down through the top and driving them through. I made a punch that sits on the bearing . Cost me 30 bucks for the bearings but it worked and I kept the bearings and tool incase I get another one. View attachment 302021 View attachment 302022 View attachment 302023
I never thought of that! So you just used 7/8 ball bearings and drive them out the top??

They are 3/4 inch, although the ID of the bars are 7/8 I'm not sure if they would make it past the bends.
Yeah the bonanza don’t have a tight bend. I just purchased a fork assembly from a lead from mike-bike on here. They looked really nice in pics. Paid $125. If I can repair this one I will see if I can sell.

Update: so last night at work I was able to remove the stuck lower fork from the main fork assembly. I used an oxy/acytelene torch to heat the main fork tube and then using a 7/8 bolt and an impact I drove it in until it started spinning inside then pulling upward while hitting the impact it came out! Was so relieved. Sandblasted it a bit but not completely. Epoxy primered the pegs and some other parts. Also dropping off the fenders, jackshaft assembly bracket and fender brackets to my chromer in a bit.

Attachments

Thanks guys! I’m glad to be able to move forward. I actually got scammed by someone on here for a set of forks. Watch out for @mike-Bike definitely a scammer. It had been a looong time since someone got me. $125. Unless I’m jumping the gun here but I should’ve seen it. Have not got a reply back.

Lizardking

Picked up the frame from getting sandblasted and wheels from powder coat. Fender has been welded and straightened. Waiting on everything from my chromer now. Thinking about painting the frame dodger blue. Still on the fence on red or blue.

Attachments

ended up dropping the frame and other parts to get powder coated a candy blue. And still waiting on my parts from my chromer. He did send me a small video update but idk why it does not come up trying to attach. Will post pics soon!

Triley41395

ended up dropping the frame and other parts to get powder coated a candy blue. And still waiting on my parts from my chromer. He did send me a small video update but idk why it does not come up trying to attach. Will post pics soon!
Looking forward to seeing your progress pictures.

Picked up most of the parts from chrome today. Still have a few small things. Nuts and bolts. Was more expensive than I would’ve expected but looks good and I won’t have to touch again so I’m pleased. Pic is just a sneak peak. Still have alot of pieces wrapped.

Attachments