Super Bronc

chrisr

Your going to need one of these......
As an alternative to "Your going to need one of these......" you can use a tav2 and then just install/add a rear disc brake on the rear sprocket, or add a rotor on the rear axle tube for a disk brake/rotor and/or drum for band brake. Granted, "Your going to need one of these......" would be a lot easier...

If you can fab up a drum,band or disc directly on the rear hub I would definitely go that route. Which is how I ended up with this spare piece. I like to know if the chain breaks I still can stop. I personally do not like using the sprocket as a disc set up unless you never plan on oiling your chain. Nothing worse than oil getting in your brakes.

Your going to need one of these......
Thanks for the pics, I'll start my search.
As an alternative to "Your going to need one of these......" you can use a tav2 and then just install/add a rear disc brake on the rear sprocket, or add a rotor on the rear axle tube for a disk brake/rotor and/or drum for band brake. Granted, "Your going to need one of these......" would be a lot easier...
Do you know anyones build with info on fabricating a piecing together a setup for the rear?

chrisr

You can fabricate a rotor and/or a drum on the rear axle housing and then attach the caliper and/or the band brake to the frame, but I am not aware of a bolt on rear brake setup for the Super Bronc. The original Super Bronc tav/brake setup would be the easiest option if someone would part with it. You may ask user chatten63 to see if he may have an extra that he would be willing to part with.

Chatten was selling the backing plates at Windber. I am not sure about the jackshaft,sprocket,drum and band or driven. But you could ask [MENTION=18319]chatten63[/MENTION]