Surly Bicycles

jeep4me

Just wondering if anybody here has a Surly Pugsley bicycle. I've seen these bikes around town and I have been thinking about getting one. Just curious how they handle and ride.

Thanks!

45t

Check for reviews on them, if any exist. Also, find a dealer and see if you can test ride one (I did that with a Specialized bike I was thinking of getting).

That Surly bike has some serious tires!

45t

They're cool bikes for sure... but you'd be insane to spend that kind of money on one. Here's a thread from RatRodbikes.com where a guy took a couple old wallmart chopper frames and made a much cooler bike for I'm sure an 1/8 of the price.

? RATRODBIKES.COM ? • View topic - Sand Rover DONE! (finished pics pg 7, sand video pg 10)
Ouch! He cut up a Pink GT Mach one! :doah: I think I would of used a less desirable bike, but maybe he was using what he had lying around.

Its a cool MTB. But, Those fat tires are going to make for a lot of rolling resistance which will be a lot harder for you to pedal longer distances.
I have my old Specialized Stumpjumper MTB from 1993 which has the 1.95 wide tire and a newer MTB with the 2.5 wide tires and it doesn't roll as good as my Stumpjumper does. You do pedal it a lot more.