T555 Need Diff. Axle...

does anyone know how to remove the axle and diff from the frame without cutting anything. i havent riden mine in10 years or so and i dont remember anything about it.

O.K. So the axle I made out of 2 different T555 axles worked for a while. In fact the gears seem to still be good. But the brass sleeves that go over the axles and insert into the housing must be toast because there is lots of play. So before I blew up this axle I went ahead and was proactive. I moved the motor mount over to accomodate the new axle I have.Because the old was off set and the new one is centered. You can see what I mean in the pics. With the new axle, the bearing mount lined up on the housing so that wasnt going to work. In fact I have 2 new axles. So if I blow up one I still have a back up and can swap it easily because I know for a fact they are the same. I do need to order a new 54t sprocket because the old differential has the holes 1 1/2" apart opposed to the 1" spacing on the new differential. I will post more pics when I am done. But here are the before and after of the motor mount and axles.

Is the new differenrial from NorthernTools? If so I'm suprised that the mounting bolts for the sprocket is 1"?? Are you sure, doesn't look to be from the photos. If your old bushings on the old diff are shot and you know the model of the diff I'm sure that PartsTree or OutdoorDistributors carries it. There are several sprockets on Ebay that might fit that 1" spacing? If I can be of help PM me.

Yes they are 1" and yes it was from Northern Tool. The old differential had one of the gears pretty frozen to the axle. I tried heating it up but it didn't want to budge. So I wan't going to bother fixing it with new sleeves. I might give it to my buddy to play with. I do have a 60t sprocket with 1" hole spacing that bolts right on. I want the 54t though. More clearance.

I have a sprocket with 3 sets of holes also. Non of them line up. I will call BMI or Northern Tool tomorrow. I have to order some other stuff anyway. It is Peerless 100-224 ... Sorry for the fuzzy pic

I checked OutdoorDistributor for a breakdown of that diff and it wasn't listed? Northerntool only had one sprocket listed that would fit your diff and that is a 60 tooth. I've never seen a sprocket on BMI that would fit a peerless diff. Wonder if a MachineShop could redrill your ols sprocket to fit? I'll have to check my diffs and spare sprockets, I'll let you know.

I have a 54t that has different spacing for the old axle. I could use the 60t for a template and drill new holes. I would still like to find the proper 54T though. I also need the nuts for the end of the axles and some key stock. Should I just get that from BMI or MFG or is there another source. Thanks Randy

I have had quite a few trikes and the T-555 is my favorite. What are you looking for the forks shipped? Also what is that minibike in the picture. A guy walking his dog saw me working on the trike and asked me if I could fix his sons minibike. He brought it over and it looks like yours from what I can see. Fortunately his just needed rear wheel bearings which I had and a master link which I will go to Home Depot or Loews and pick up.

O.K. So the axle I made out of 2 different T555 axles worked for a while. In fact the gears seem to still be good. But the brass sleeves that go over the axles and insert into the housing must be toast because there is lots of play. So before I blew up this axle I went ahead and was proactive. I moved the motor mount over to accomodate the new axle I have.Because the old was off set and the new one is centered. You can see what I mean in the pics. With the new axle, the bearing mount lined up on the housing so that wasnt going to work. In fact I have 2 new axles. So if I blow up one I still have a back up and can swap it easily because I know for a fact they are the same. I do need to order a new 54t sprocket because the old differential has the holes 1 1/2" apart opposed to the 1" spacing on the new differential. I will post more pics when I am done. But here are the before and after of the motor mount and axles.
is the diff that u took off still working or the gears not in peices

how sure r u that the diff u took out is a peerless 100-224?

The one that went back in was the 100-224.If that is what Northern Tool is selling. If you have the old axle and the diff and or gears are blown. Then what I just did on the one I am doing now is. Take one of the axles that YellowHand is selling. The 3/4" one.... Take your old axles and use the diff and gears from the Yellowhand 3/4" new one. They slip right in. The T-555 xles are 1" but drop down to 3/4" where they slip into the brass bushing in the diff.... I have 2 T-555 rear ends that I am working on now. I is getting the new diff and I just took the brass bushings out of the old one to see if I can replace them. They wear down and the axles get sloppy. So before I put anything back to gether, It gets all new bearings and if anything is sloppy. It gets replaced... I will try to get pics later...