T555 Need Diff. Axle...

I suggest that you take lots of pics. Look in my photos. I took my T-555 all apart and took lots of pics. I took the axle apart and had to clean all the crud out of the axle. New grease. If you take it apart and any of the bearings are junk.Replace them. Go slow. It takes less time to do it right the first time than to have to do it a second time...
There are also lots of pics of my Dunecycle Flat Tracker

Dom de Dom

You've lost me:eek:hmy: What is "Dom tubing" O Depending on your computer screen size that big o is what a 1/2" shaft size looks like. And a dime is bigger than 1/2" But what is Dom "Diameter" ???
Dom tubing is a type of steel tubing ( Drawn over a mandrel ) it is not a welded tubing and is what all frames should be made from. So if you are buying steel your request would be for say ( 1 inch DOM .083 wall 1020 )
Steve :scooter:

mybiz

dom dom dom

Dom tubing is a type of steel tubing ( Drawn over a mandrel ) it is not a welded tubing and is what all frames should be made from. So if you are buying steel your request would be for say ( 1 inch DOM .083 wall 1020 )
Steve :scooter:
Ha now i remember after you told me. I called it flared for so long that Dom has left my vocabulary I've worked in many fabrications shops I guess my age is catching up with me.

mybiz

I haven,t looked at mine since I bought it months ago. I'm getting ready to move out to a place I got in the country. After I get settled in I'll have more time to work on my many projects. I've got everything for the T555 Just need to get it all put on.:doah:

i was under the impression they needed to be installed correctly to work right. never had one so i dunno. I guess there less idiot proof then the cheaper ones is what i gather. No offence :smile:

mybiz

Searched and couldn't find the thread. But it was about Hilliard clutches boughten from northern tool. A lot of members didn't like the Hilliard clutch thats all i was saying. I wasn't trying to start no argument.:no::surrender:

i wasnt arguing. i think i saw that that thread too. it just seems to me alot of the problems come from improper instalation. Iv seen some threads on other forums as well. I guess they mostly design their stuff for manufacturers so it can be confusing for a diy'er to put together a bunch of weird pieces without instructions specificly designed for their aplication. Anyhow what im getting at is imo they seem like a better quality unit from the pictures than a comet or max torque. but like i said i dont own one so its neither here nor there lol back to the subject

Ratbike

what type of brakes will you guys be using? my trike has a 1/2 axel its a dunecycle but so small i cant find disks for it. the drums really stink.
what about a front brake for these, any ideas?
Putting a clutch brake on my T555 with diff rear end. I'll let you know how it works after completion and test drive!!:hammer:

Ratbike

I could cut the motor mount off and slide it over....:hammer:
I cut the motor mount off moved it over as to fit around centered sprocket...piece of cake!!!It looks good too ( thought it would look lop sided) Works perfectly...I'll post some pics this weekend!!!:hammer:

HELLO HELLO out there... I found the original thread.. I posted a thread in parts for sale about recently re-discovering a John Deere 60 rider I once owned. I can buy a GREAT original Owosso trike rear end AND THEY ARE !! the same unit as My Biz's pics he posted. T555 and Owosso Explorer trike are the same rear end as John Deere 60 - 65- 70 I think they were. Probably about all rear engine riders from 1960 to 1980.. BUT!!! $40 tractor is available FOR NOW in Olivet MI... Hella nice one.. I did wheelies with it before selling the tractor to a guy for 65 bucks. Tractor is junk but rear end is green and NICE!!! :thumbsup:

HELLO HELLO out there... I found the original thread.. I posted a thread in parts for sale about recently re-discovering a John Deere 60 rider I once owned. I can buy a GREAT original Owosso trike rear end AND THEY ARE !! the same unit as My Biz's pics he posted. T555 and Owosso Explorer trike are the same rear end as John Deere 60 - 65- 70 I think they were. Probably about all rear engine riders from 1960 to 1980.. BUT!!! $40 tractor is available FOR NOW in Olivet MI... Hella nice one.. I did wheelies with it before selling the tractor to a guy for 65 bucks. Tractor is junk but rear end is green and NICE!!! :thumbsup:
yup iv got two john deere ones their both green. They are too narrow for a trike though

No shit? Mine worked out perry good. I ended up ripping them apart and building a unit so the original axles may be different overall length. The diffs are the same part though.