Taco questions

I want to get my bike as close to original minus the engine as possible. I have everything I believe. The couple questions I did have were for a 67' taco 22 would the correct wheels be the 4 line with dots or with out. Also the clutch cover that is in the catalog pic looks like the no name cast aluminum cover that OldMiniBikes sells. Is that correct. And as far as tires. Knobby? And what brand
I know the taco experts are on here lurking in the shadows. :anon.sml:
Any help would be appreciated. When it is to cold to ride it I will be taking it in the basement for some restore time.
Also what color?

Attachments

What I would do first is go to the steenstacominibike (search taco mini bike ) down load it get the history and family tree...... take your bike apart soda blast the frame and get the serial # start from there... Taco rims with just a straight bar blade are early the later ones with the round dot in the blade are later.......if its a bolt together you got a burrito!.....I would hold off on the chain guard as there are so many nice copys also there are a great many of Quality repo parts to help out....The big picture of this is HAVE FUN with your project nothing is perfect.....After talking to the early go kart guys they would say what ever was on the bench at first and who was building....then as the designs got better......the bikes got better.....but never exact theres always great help here have fun

george3

So when are you planning on shipping that to me George.
I have those wheels just not the sprocket. :anon.sml:
Long gone prob. 3 years ago on the parts and Taco. I done plenty since then, They sell fast. I may be doing a taco 100 in the near future. I am busy on a 68-69? Rupp I just picked up.