Tacos made in Texas?

I bought this Taco 22 today from a guy who was moving and didn't want it. Well you know I want it. He said it was one of the Tacos that were made in Texas. I heard of these before. This was Before Joe Rivello bought the company. Any Taco guys out there know anything about these Texas Tacos? How many were made?

chrisr

On the Taco minibike website it looks like the Taco company was originally in southern California and moved to Texas for a while and now back to southern California. Looks like they now have a Taco 100B kit.

I bought this Taco 22 today from a guy who was moving and didn't want it. Well you know I want it. He said it was one of the Tacos that were made in Texas. I heard of these before. This was Before Joe Rivello bought the company. Any Taco guys out there know anything about these Texas Tacos? How many were made?

Last edited:
I remember seeing the Texas Tacos on the web around the early 2000's. At first they only made 22's. Later they started making a weird stand up scooter version with stickers all over it. At first the color was a lighter non metallic purple. I may have a few photos on my old computer. I don't know if they had any kind of serial numbers. At one time the company (name/rights, tooling, and inventory), was for sale on ebay for $50,000.

I remember seeing the Texas Tacos on the web around the early 2000's. At first they only made 22's. Later they started making a weird stand up scooter version with stickers all over it. At first the color was a lighter non metallic purple. I may have a few photos on my old computer. I don't know if they had any kind of serial numbers. At one time the company (name/rights, tooling, and inventory), was for sale on ebay for $50,000.
Thanks for the info buddy. I got 5 original Tacos and I can tell you this Texas 22 is really well made with better welds and a beautiful candy purple paint job. your right about the time period. The seller gave me the Tec owners manual that came with the bike dated 2003. It has no serial #s. The best part is I got it for $ 250!!!! And it wasn't even Taco Tuesday!

Twid

When I finish my build off bike and start working on the MDB I wanted to get a taco 22 with a flathead for a tow bike. Since the T bob is based of the taco 22. I think it would be rad to have a clean taco 22 towing around The monster version of it. The two extremes the cool an calm and the pissed off.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info buddy. I got 5 original Tacos and I can tell you this Texas 22 is really well made with better welds and a beautiful candy purple paint job. your right about the time period. The seller gave me the Tec owners manual that came with the bike dated 2003. It has no serial #s. The best part is I got it for $ 250!!!! And it wasn't even Taco Tuesday!
I think they were $750 new back then. $250 is indeed a great deal!