TAV2 on Baja Warrior

Hello! SO i have been playing with my Baja Warrior 200. The engine is now pretty built (milled head, ported, cam, rod, flywheel, vm22, flat top piston) and i am having issues with the TAV2 torque converter i installed. It is a china version of the TAV2. Currently have the stock weights and springs in the drive. Changed to the yellow spring in the driven. The engine revs to about 4500, and then you can tell it starts to shift already. Then the RPMS drop some and seems to get flat. Looking at the clutch after some runs i see a slight black ring on the drive about half way up. Makes sense that it is slipping there and goes "flat". I ordered white garter springs but they are a touch longer than the ones in my clutch and wont work. Seems odd. So before i go order comet weights i was hoping to get some advise. Thanks!

SAS289

What gearing are you using? What RPM range do you want your engine to run in?

If your belt isn't shifting until 4500 RPM you are either doing very good, or the belt is slipping.

What gearing are you using? What RPM range do you want your engine to run in?

If your belt isn't shifting until 4500 RPM you are either doing very good, or the belt is slipping.
Right now i have a 10t front and 55 rear. I just ordered a 8 and 9t front. i would like to see the engine around 5000-5500 rpm. The bigger issue right now is that when it does shift it pulls the engine down pretty bad

SAS289

Right now i have a 10t front and 55 rear. I just ordered a 8 and 9t front. i would like to see the engine around 5000-5500 rpm. The bigger issue right now is that when it does shift it pulls the engine down pretty bad
That's a good RPM range and you should be able to get there with gearing.

I top out with a 19 inch tire at around 5K RPM with 9/60 sprockets and a China TAV with a yellow spring. And I don't have as much engine as you have. The shift does pull down the engine still. On full throttle test my belt shifts at around 4300 RPM per the tach. I'm happy with it.