Taylor Muffler

PatrickCraik

Had this forever and dont remember what it mounts to.I know its for a small frame Tecumseh but not sure if the position of the flange and curve of the tube are specific. Any thoughts? Thanks. image.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

markus

Would it fit a slant mount HS 50? Thanks
It will fit but not match up too good as the ports slightly differ in size and location between the 40 and 50 , sometimes the flanges on the Taylor version exhausts are wide enough to give you enough coverage to seal and be usable though. Its best to test fit and make sure you have enough flange coverage to get some gasket material in there...but forget about the ports lining up good.

PatrickCraik

Thanks for the info.I dont have an engine yet.My H35 is worn out and I'm trying to replace it. I almost bought an HS50 but it was tired as well. I wont look @ them anymore and I'll have to change my wanted ad here. I just happened to find this muffler in my old old stash of stuff. I really want an H35 or HS40,the H35 would line up with the tail pipe on my Columbia Rambler,I could modify the tail pipe for an HS40 using this muffler.Thanks again for the info.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Not always, Is the exhaust on the left or right side of the engine.

The pipe could be made for one side or the other. AND it could be for a straight mount OR a slant mount ?????

Your not helping yourself out much here.

No photo of engine OR the mini its in.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.I dont have an engine yet.My H35 is worn out and I'm trying to replace it. I almost bought an HS50 but it was tired as well. I wont look @ them anymore and I'll have to change my wanted ad here. I just happened to find this muffler in my old old stash of stuff. I really want an H35 or HS40,the H35 would line up with the tail pipe on my Columbia Rambler,I could modify the tail pipe for an HS40 using this muffler.Thanks again for the info.
Member MB165 has a freshly rebuilt H35 long block for sale at less than what he paid for in parts. Check the "For Sale" section under "Parts." You'd have to set the timing with your used (or replacement) parts. [MENTION=17758]MB165[/MENTION]