tec engine

sorry to bother as i know its on here,please help me id this tec engine,
modle H25 250 73C
ser # 0850331 if its easy for someone,it would me,thanks, wayne.

old-timer

Scamming Member
Well it's a 2.5hp but I'm not sure which numbers are the year of manufacture :shrug:
Sorry I don't have my Tec manual here in the house.

Vic

Wayne it looks like you ran the serial # together with another #...should not be 7 digits there should be a break between the series of numbers somewhere...we need to see a picture or you have to type it exactly as it is.

Also a picture would help.....the year is implied by a single digit...so a "0" could be 1960, 1970, 1980.....need some other clues like the shroud style, points iginition, etc.....

only thing is certain is it's a 2-1/2 HP...the shroud is from one anyway....if the shroud was changed then you don't know what the heck it is...... Tecumseh never stamped the block...:doah:

Last edited:
Wayne it looks like you ran the serial # together with another #...should not be 7 digits there should be a break between the series of numbers somewhere...we need to see a picture or you have to type it exactly as it is.

Also a picture would help.....the year is implied by a single digit...so a "0" could be 1960, 1970, 1980.....need some other clues like the shroud style, points iginition, etc.....

only thing is certain is it's a 2-1/2 HP...the shroud is from one anyway....if the shroud was changed then you don't know what the heck it is...... Tecumseh never stamped the block...:doah:
ok thanks kid you can see the engine on ebay, it looks to new to me,
its on a scat kitty ebay # 290873498625 please look at it thanks alot

i app the help!

Wayne that is an early Tecumseh/Lauson engine...late 50's to early 60's. If you zoom in on the engine picture you can see the spark plug is offset in the head instead of in the center...there is a notch in the shroud to accomodate it.

The recoil was changed at one time...you can see the paint is different. The original recoils had a sort of "daisy" pattern pressed into them...the carb and intake may have been changed too since most of those early motors had updraft carbs....

That could very well be the original motor to the bike....those early Tecumseh's are hard to find...
Maybe TRK or Chatten or his cousin Delray will chime in...those guys know those early motors better than me....

Good luck if you're bidding on it.:thumbsup:

Last edited: