Tec Plastic Tank

Midyrman

My HS40 tank is yellowed. Cleaning helped to whiten a bit......but what works to restore the original whiteness or has anyone applied paint or something else when restoring their Tec tank?

Thanks.

Tom

My HS40 tank is yellowed. Cleaning helped to whiten a bit......but what works to restore the original whiteness or has anyone applied paint or something else when restoring their Tec tank?

Thanks.

Tom
I'll tell ya one thing I know.... Sanding them does not work out so well. Not at all. Unless it was very fine or maybe steel wool. Im sure someone here knows exactly what to do. Thanks for asking this question cuz I keep forgetting.

125ccCrazy

I tried wetsanding one, it got a lot brighter but still had areas that just wouldn't come out so I sanded it with 150, shot a light coat of adhesion promoter, followed with flexible bumper primer, wetsand again, paint and two part urethane clear.. it looked good when it was done...

I had a horrible time with painted tanks. Turns out they breathe (out gas) and the paint bubbles. You might want to try wet sanding with 2400 grit and then use a heat gun to glaze the surface (a hair dryer won't do it). Another member suggested that idea.

I used a new buffing wheel and white polishing compound before and it turned out really nice. I think Mean Dean has a method he uses to get them clean.