Tecumseh 3.5 repair & parts books SCAT BAT / Bird

Hey All

Im brand new here - my brother had a mini bike back in the 80s and we pulled it out of the basement to get it going again. Sitting probably 25 years. So we are doing a major overhaul on this little guy, paint, tires, etc..

Im trying to find more info about this model number and cant seem to find much. From old adds, we think this was a Scat Bat

Does anyone know a site to purchase parts from ?

Model 143-574042

Attachments

markus

Hey All

Im brand new here - my brother had a mini bike back in the 80s and we pulled it out of the basement to get it going again. Sitting probably 25 years. So we are doing a major overhaul on this little guy, paint, tires, etc..

Im trying to find more info about this model number and cant seem to find much. From old adds, we think this was a Scat Bat

Does anyone know a site to purchase parts from ?

Model 143-574042
the engine is a Sears Craftsman engine, they were made by Tecumseh though and cross reference easy. It predates the bike itself quite a few years actually, It is a later in the year 1966, where the bike is probably around a 1971.

the easy way to find a parts breakdown for you engine is simply type that model number into a google search but delete the - and do not leave a space. It should quickly pull up sears parts direct lists for that engine. And the cool thing about sears over Tecumseh is the parts breakdown actually matches the engine where Tecumseh uses a generic parts explosion and can get more confusing sometimes.

If you dont see a part as you scroll through the parts just keep scrolling down and the list will start again showing the NLA parts. you can use those numbers to search on eBay or something like that to maybe find someone that has that part used or in old stock. the sears part numbers are the same as Tecumseh numbers so I would search for anything even if sears shows it in stock somewhere else as well, unless you like dealing with sears.

Here is a link to a PDF of the Tecumseh engine repair manual, which will help you a little bit,
http://www.smallenginesuppliers.com...cumseh_L-Head_Engines_Service_Information.pdf