Tecumseh 5HP exhaust pipe/muffler

I am looking for an OEM exhaust pipe and muffler for a 1977 Tec flathead. It is a "S" shape pipe that goes up and over the rear air filter and terminates in a round muffler. Maybe someone more computer-literate than me can post a photo of it if they know what I am talking about.
Thanks for any help!:scooter:

Yes, that is the one! Are they really THAT rare?:shrug:
What is the difference between the model 100 vs model 200?:confused:
Thank you for posting the photo mmisterbungl!:thumbsup:

Thanks guys, for the identification and photos- it is appreciated!:thumbsup: Now, has anybody got one to sell that would work for my 1977 Tec 5 HP?:confused:
Did some come chromed and some were painted?

I was just at my local mini bike store (I know I'm lucky to even have one) and I looked in the glass case and found a nice clean chrome exhaust pipe like your looking for. (just like the pictures posted.

get ahold of them, they might ship it if you ask really nice. (I would call Bryan)

MOTOR CITY MINI
address is 12950 beech daly rd, taylor mi. 48180. Call for any information 734 992-3648.

Contact Bryan
OldMiniBikes.com Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Or Brad
OldMiniBikes.com Forum - Powered by vBulletin

No it was not me. While I appreciated jrzmac letting me know
about it, I was not interested as it was for a Tec 3.5 HP (smaller diameter pipe).

jrzmac

I doubt you're gonna find one. they're nowhere to be found and whoever has them pretty much wants to keep them. not for nothing, you could probly have someone make something like that for you. I know metal man can definitely bend a piece of pipe into an "s" for you maybe he could weld flanges on both ends, then you could screw one end into the block and screw this onto the other end? 18-1274 - Tec 27181B Muffler

Thanks guys- I know that it is a real longshot.:shrug: The problem is, the ones that I HAVE seen out there are for the smaller Tecs only (up to 3.5 HP) with the smaller diameter exhaust pipes, just like the one in the ad you just posted. "Mac" (Rick) does have some (painted, not chrome), however, they are for the smaller engines only. I need the larger 5 HP pipe and muffler...:crying:

Creia....I'm not convinced that Taylor ever made different pipes for the larger HS motors. I personally have never seen one. I have bought HS50'S with the original spark arrestors on them and the pipe itself is the same diameter...:shrug:

I measured the pipes on about thirty bikes I have in the shed with this style Taylor exhaust pipe and they all measure the same outside diameter from the H25 , H30 , H35 , H40 , HS40 , H50 , HS50 What I did find is about ten different style bends in the pipes to fit around the different models of air cleaners and around the bends in the frames . Sorry none are for sale they all are on bikes .

Last edited: