~** Tecumseh Exhaust Lock Nut**~

Looking for these....the correct Tecumseh nuts have 6 "Points" or ends on them (Briggs have 8) and are thick.

PLEASE do not suggest I look for conduit nuts.....those are similar but NOT the same. (much thinner)

Heres a pic of exactly what I am looking for.....Please PM me. Thanks in advance :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

markus

Ruppparts shows as having them Rupp minibike exhaust nipple lock ring

Blackwidowmotorsports show them on thier repro manifolds for the Roadster/2 but does not list it separately from what I see, I would still email Jim over there to see if he has a source or would sell them separate?

Good luck, I just snapped an ear off one on a roadster engine I'm rebuilding the other day :doah:

I hate to tell you this, but being an electrician for over 40 years, they are conduit nuts, just not the kind commonly found today....years ago they used the same thing in outdoor conduit. They are just made alot cheaper today.

Then let me rephrase....
PLEASE do not suggest I look for "modern day" conduit nuts.....those are similar but NOT the same. (much thinner) and NOT what was used on the older Tecumsehs.
I hate to tell you this, but being an electrician for over 40 years, they are conduit nuts, just not the kind commonly found today....years ago they used the same thing in outdoor conduit. They are just made alot cheaper today.