Tecumseh H35

markus

'bout half a horse :biggrin:

on the old engines it was the Bore size, H30 2 5/16" bore h35 2 1/2" H35 I dont know if the valves were different sized or not. I dont think they were between those 2, I think they may have been between an H25-H30 though.

I know about the .5 hp. I bought a rupp scrambler and it has a h30 on it. I am thinking someone put a shroud from a h30 on it and it actually is a h35.
Right...this thread relates to what I was asking a few weeks ago. Why would Tecumseh put all the important identifying numbers on something so easily removed? I have a guy I go to that has literally a mountain of engines and I pick through em every month or so. Many dont have shrouds. So I could be passing up some real nice stuff. Most of u experienced people would recognize more. And what is stopping someone on ebay from slapping on some vitage shroud on a 1980 run of the mill engine? They should have stamped the block or under the mounting plate.

I coudnt find the for sale part. I have a Brand New Tecumseh HS-50, It was purchased in 1981 and sat in a barn. It is still bolted in the original box and has never been taken out. It was for sears so it has a sears model number which crosses to the HS50. It has the long crooked exhaust which is layen in box because it has to be out of box to be put on. This is a rare find to come across a Brand new in box 33 year old engine that is no longer made. I want $225.00 and will ship if buyer pays shipping. If you could let anyone know that may be interested I would appreciate that as I don't know how to put this post in for sale section. Thanks,, Im in Va