Tecumseh hs-40 lighted engine

markus

Notice how the top of the shroud by the head bolts was welded very poorly? And it isn't a Rupp motor....or original paint. lol
It actually is a verified Rupp number engine, the 55282b was 1970 spec on the Roadster.....its just got the wrong carb on it, among all the other "issues" you noted.

It actually is a verified Rupp number engine, the 55282b was 1970 spec on the Roadster.....its just got the wrong carb on it, among all the other "issues" you noted.
Could have been a MTD motor...or many others models. Is there a pic of the bike it came off of? Is that the correct shroud? Is there any proof other than everyone always say the lighted motor came off a Rupp? Nope....there is not. lol

markus

Could have been a MTD motor...or many others models. Is there a pic of the bike it came off of? Is that the correct shroud? Is there any proof other than everyone always say the lighted motor came off a Rupp? Nope....there is not. lol

Heres the original engine And factory paperwork from the above bike (note the engine number)....obviously a fake and I got duped.....3 times actually as I have owned 3 1970 roadsters in my time with mini bikes, and they ALL got 55282b engines put on them :scared:

[/url]

Much respect to that seller as well for really pulling the wool over everyones eyes, He even went through the trouble of adding a Rupp Header and the driven spacer to it before he spraybombed it.....Hes really good

Heres the original engine And factory paperwork from the above bike (note the engine number)....obviously a fake and I got duped.....3 times actually as I have owned 3 1970 roadsters in my time with mini bikes, and they ALL got 55282b engines put on them :scared:

[/url]

Much respect to that seller as well for really pulling the wool over everyones eyes, He even went through the trouble of adding a Rupp Header and the driven spacer to it before he spraybombed it.....Hes really good
Your fun to mess with...but really...people have gone through great lengths on Flea-bay to pass off less expensive motors for the more expensive ones. It all boils down to...where is the proof? A number on the shroud or a exhaust stub they used on tons bikes don't mean squat. Difference in a 1970 and a 1971 is about 100 or more bucks. Any educated seller knows that....and anyone with common sense knows nothing in life is what it always seems. It's not what you know...it's what you can prove.
PS...Maybe I know the seller...Hmmm the plot thickens

Last edited: